Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is very good to see! Not everyone is laughing. I copied this from another board. It pretty much explains the way many fans are seeing the bulls now.

First of all, let me state I am a long-time Pistons fan, I hate the Bulls, I hate Jordan, and I hate Krause. Now that you know where I stand, read on.

Since the day the Bulls broke up the dynasty, I always disagreed with the press and the overwhelming majority of those who mocked Jerry Krause and said the Bulls would never win again (that's all we heard for a long time).

Free agents shunned him, players scorned him, and fans laughed at him.

All along I said he's brilliant for doing what he's doing -- putting a crappy product on the court with a plan to get high draft picks year after year after year, and build a young team that will get back to the finals at some point.

Now that the Bulls may have finally landed that superstar in Williams, they may have the best batch of young talent in the league.

The future now looks bright. The Bulls are on the rise. Krause has done what I predicted he'd do all along. The funny thing is those Krause haters have all but disappeared. They have nothing to laugh at anymore.

As much as I hate to say it, the Bulls are back on the map, and the credit for that belongs to Krause. He knew what he was doing all along, and he outsmarted them all.

Nice job Jerry.

Comments?

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
The future is bright... as long as the guys they have continue to develop..

Rose is never gonna be any better than he is now.

Now Williams has to prove himself in the NBA. Crawford as well. Neither has proven anything in the NBA yet.

And Curry and Chandler need to continue to improve and one of them at some point needs to become a major force.

If neither Curry or Chandler improves enough to become more than just a "good" player, then the Bulls arent in that great of a position.

And the signing of Eddie Robinson was a bust. Krause wanted his Tmac.. all he got was a jumping bean with no shot.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
where did you see that post? i wanna check it out

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Finally, someone who understands Krause's logic. This post basically sums up what I've been trying to tell people for the last 4 years. Love him or hate him, Jerry Krause is a genius. In a few more years, the rest of the league will realize that. I think someone said something on the NBADRAFT.net forum to the extent of, "The difference between good organizations and great organizations is that the great ones are always looking 3-4 years into the future, and the good ones just try to catch up." In 3 years, everyone will be chasing the Bulls.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not true

As I explained earlier, I still hate Krause. We could win 10 Championships without Jordan, and I'm still hating that fat bastige.

He broke up the Championship Bulls, and he is the reason why Michael Jordan is wearing a Wizards jersey today.

Damn him to hell.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The only real slam on Krause that I can think of is that he actually thought he'd be able to sign big free agents. Other then that, he's done a great job, and I'm grateful he broke up The Aging Dynasty.

Come on people, let's face facts. Jordan was wearing down, Pippen was hurt all the time, and Rodman... well, who knows! If Krause kept the geezers together for another year, there was a good chance Chicago would LOSE! To me, that ruins the whole feeling of we're the greatest and whatnot.

Better to go out on top, than to kling onto better days. A new day has arrived, and they are called The Twin Towers...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts