Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Article

Quote from Curry on the booing crowd:

"I don't let it bother me because I know those aren't the true fans who are booing," Curry said. "I don't always have good nights—or good months."

I don't know about the rest of you, but I completely disagree with this. Fans aren't allowed to boo after they've spent lots of money to buy tickets and are treated with horrible performances? Fans are expected to put up not just with a poor Curry night, but a poor Curry month and just cheer or remain quiet???

No way.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
I heard Skiles talk about fans booing the Bulls and that contributes to maybe why the Bulls do poorly at home. Skiles said the fans had a right to boo the team if they play lackadaisical but it takes a toll on the players and they feel it.

Curry needs to shutup and play. What is that "true fans who aren't booing." Chicago fans are smart and they especially appreciate hard work. EC is NOT working hard...... This kid knows NOTHING

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I think Chicago fans are basically letting loose after 5 years of optimism. And it's kind of ugly.

Do these guys deserve the boos? No Not entirely.

But managment sold fans tickets saying these kids were going to be great this year.

People expect Curry to be Shaq, Crawford to be T-Mac...

It's a case of expectations that aren't in line with the present reality.

And I think it does more harm than good for our team. They need our support in these dark times. Let's get loud and roudy. A good home crowd can mean the diffrence between winning and losing with a team like this. Remember last year, the atmosphere was a lot more supportive at home and the record reflects that.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Real fans sometimes boo

When the rest of the team was busting their asses last night I was enjoying the game. The minute Curry got into the game, he played like a slug. I think am a "real fan" and I would of booed his effort. It didn't look like he wanted to be there, just like so many times before.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Originally posted by <b>spongyfungy</b>!
Curry needs to shutup and play. What is that "true fans who aren't booing."
He is taking about the other team fans, in this case, the Blazers fans.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
I think Chicago fans are basically letting loose after 5 years of optimism. And it's kind of ugly.

Do these guys deserve the boos? No Not entirely.

But managment sold fans tickets saying these kids were going to be great this year.

People expect Curry to be Shaq, Crawford to be T-Mac...

It's a case of expectations that aren't in line with the present reality.
You may be right, Futurist. However, when we see these guys play up to their potential for stretches, then play uninspired ball and stink it up, it's maddening for fans. You can tell when they make comments to the media that they still don't get it. I think Jamal wants to get it, there are just too many things going against him at this point (mostly organized experience, imo). A lot of people doubt whether Eddy will ever have the fire or work ethic necessary to play up to his potential.

Living in Chicagoland, I can tell you that the expectations are far higher for Eddy than for JC, particularly with the fans (I'm not talking about the hardcore internet fans) and media. Eddy gets ripped the most of any player by the media. Jamal has kind of slipped under the radar so far during his career. These two should thank the lord that they don't play in ruthless media cities such as Philly, Boston or New York. As fragile as their psychees are, it's a good thing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was at that game last night and I can truly say that it looked like Curry wasn't giving a full effort. Everyone else was, but he surely didn't look like it. As a fan, we expect our team to mess up every now and then, but to say sometimes you will have a bad month is really silly.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
1-9 17 minutes. About 1/2 of them were blocks. Didn't deserve to be booed? This kid has it in him to be one of the best centers in the east, RIGHT now. The booing was justified! As well as the benching. I mean he gets standing ovations for outstanding games, why not boos when he deserves them.

they were not true fans???:eek: The streetball crowd in NY isn't either. They would have booed his effort last night as well. He reminded me of Stacy King last night.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Chicago fans are a loyal bunch. They're endured 5 seasons of being the armpit franchise in the NBA. They have the right to boo, especially since they're the ones still buying the tickets.

As I've said before, there is a growing discontent w/ Curry amongst fans at the UC. Whether perceived or actual, it appears he isn't giving full effort out there on the court. Fans usually boo b/c of 2 reasons: one, you totally stink ala Rick Brunson or two, you aren't giving much effort out there. I'd say the fans boo due to the latter.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I added that quote to my sig. It's a good laugh.

I'm very happy the fans booed Curry last night. I would have done the same thing. Fans waste their money and hours of their free time watching a 300pound, 7 foot center airball a 2 foot hook. :eek: Are you kidding me!

He was blocked four times even though he was the tallest player on the court last night and he missed countless layups.

Those were real fans booing last night. It was 6 years of frustration.

Bad games, bad weeks, bad months, bad years...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts