Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will soon (hopefully within the next couple of months or so) introduce a FREE software package that will randomly select teams for fantasy drafts.

If anyone would like to see special features of such software, please post them here. Thanks!

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
So, you mean that there will be a free Fantasy League on this site? If there is, I'd love to play it.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by The X Factor
So, you mean that there will be a free Fantasy League on this site? If there is, I'd love to play it.
It says "Fantasy Draft Software" but I hope its meant to be a Free Fantasy League, I'd rather play it here then on Yahoo.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
I think this is what Ron told me: You can use the sim league software, but create your own league, while using the software. So there won't really be an "official" league, just different one's you guys create, and get them to join.

Did that sound OK?:confused:

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Yeah. It's like us feeding off his software to create our own leagues. No one big league.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, I see I unintionally created some confusion here...the software will merely "randomize" the picks for the draft. I built the software previously (in PHP) to allay concerns that a commissioner on any fantasy draft would pick his "favorites" (his favorite posters) over other posters and give them good draft positions. (The new software package will be Windows-based.)

The software aims to eliminate that concern in making the picks totally random...it's just a tool for fantasy draft players, not the end-all be-all like Yahoo has...

Understand now? :D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
We could still start are own league with everyone here.

Last year I participated in the CBSsportsline NBA Fantasy league with about 15 friends that went pretty well. The only problem was when we had to do the online draft and every pick took 15 minutes especially the people with slower connections but they said the fixed that.

Other then then that it's a preety good league better the Yahoo forsure. I believe the maximum number of people per league is 50.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by JUNKIE
We could still start are own league with everyone here.

Last year I participated in the CBSsportsline NBA Fantasy league with about 15 friends that went pretty well. The only problem was when we had to do the online draft and every pick took 15 minutes especially the people with slower connections but they said the fixed that.

Other then then that it's a preety good league better the Yahoo forsure. I believe the maximum number of people per league is 50.
Thats awsome, How much is it?

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
We are talking about Fantasy basketball right? And you said that CBSsportsline has a Fantasy Basketball league, and I said thats awsome (i would like to sign up) and asked you if its free. And you said "YES"

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Im sure we will have alot of people sign up and I dont see a point of setting it up now, since there is alot of time till the season starts. If I set it up now who knows if the people who were interested still will be when the time comes to start it.

To be honest with you. I really dont want to set this up. So if you or any other poster want to set it up, I will be glad to take part in it, I guess this will be the official BasketballBoards.net Fantasy league if we get Rons permission for the name.

If no one want's to help create the league truth then I will do it with someone although that is not my first choice. If you are interested just post your name below. It's not alot of work to set it up it's mostly getting it started getting all the team's together after that you just let the site do the rest.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Hey JUNKIE I PMed Rod, and he said that it OK (to use the name basketballboards.net) so at least we know that we won't have any issues with the Copyright thing :D. Now all we have to do is find a fool, uh, I mean a nice guy to make the league.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
lol truth. I'll start the league I just want to do it with somone I can trust and has been here for awhile weather that be a mod you or another quality poster. Still waiting for someone to commit or this could be scrap.

Once we do that I can start asking you guy's about the point system, Live Draft and other features we could do.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
I'll help you, but we will have to wait for a longer time maybe a month or two before the league starts??? And tell everyone that starts a new thread about their fantasy league that there is one i progress.

Another thing you said that the limit is 50 useres right?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I havent checked it. I think it might be up to 100-150. No matter what I think we should give it a 48 hour waiting period see how many people join and we will work it from there. Cbssportline hasent set up the NBA basketball leagues yet and probably wont for another 3 weeks minimum so once we get access to that we can do it from there.

As far as the draft we could do it hear. Once al the teams are ready and posters names are selected for draft positions I will start a thread list the posters and there draft order and they wil just select in that order. The thing is we have to get everyone together to do this so it wont take forever. We can also use a chat to do the draft. Possibilities are endless ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts