Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Fantasy land crashes with reality

288 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pac4eva5 
#1 ·
Fantasy land crashes with reality

By: Nate Timmons
thetobin73@yahoo.com

“Why don’t you just go ahead and draft (Tony) Parker as well you hack,” my buddy Rory typed to me, after my selection of Manu Ginobili in the third round of our basketball fantasy draft.

So after I took Parker in the seventh round (I needed a backup point guard) I could feel the anger coming through the live chat wire even before it happened.

“ARE YOU GOING TO DRAFT THE ENTIRE SAN ANTONIO SPURS TEAM!” Rory’s angered text screamed out at me.

I could not help but feel like a traitor when I made both of those selections. Ask any of my friends or family and they will tell you that I indeed am a huge Denver Nuggets fan, just like Rory. I routinely scream at my television set during telecasts and probably took 4 or 5 years off my life with the stress endured during the San Antonio playoff series last season.

Read the rest here: http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?t=254232

See less See more
#2 ·
parker in the 7th was a steal...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.