Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I can recommend another game for next season. It's by the guys who started fantasy football in the first place. You can do the standard game where each lpayer has a set value and you all pick your own team etc, but the best way to play IMO is the Auction game.

In this game, each player can only play for ONE team in each league, and the highest bidder wins. You have a budget of 75mill and have to bid blind against the other managers. It's a much better game of risk, as you don't know who will be bidding for who. In my league, no-one bid for Rooney or Joe Cole in the first round so you could have got them for nothing!

The same goes for transfers. You get a separate 25 million budget for transfers, but again you ahve to bid against everyone else to get who you want. It feels great when you get a bargain, and tests your knowledge of players etc.

The scoring system is a little simpler than your game as well (and therefore lower scoring)

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
JazzMan said:
I can recommend another game for next season. It's by the guys who started fantasy football in the first place. You can do the standard game where each lpayer has a set value and you all pick your own team etc, but the best way to play IMO is the Auction game.

In this game, each player can only play for ONE team in each league, and the highest bidder wins. You have a budget of 75mill and have to bid blind against the other managers. It's a much better game of risk, as you don't know who will be bidding for who. In my league, no-one bid for Rooney or Joe Cole in the first round so you could have got them for nothing!

The same goes for transfers. You get a separate 25 million budget for transfers, but again you ahve to bid against everyone else to get who you want. It feels great when you get a bargain, and tests your knowledge of players etc.

The scoring system is a little simpler than your game as well (and therefore lower scoring)
ye It would be much better if we did a fantasy draft, much more exciting, like my one friend Viet_United is kicking our asses and started to follow soccer about a month ago....he basically chose the players with the most points..

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
AvonTown Drew Brown 54 351
2 Nestehukat Juha T 23 291
3 Red Dragons United Huy Bui 60 291
4 The Catch-22's Jeppe Rober-Christensen 50 286
5 Viet.United Corey Do 40 278
6 Brooklyn Brooklyn Cruz 40 275
7 Levynhävittäjät Mika Nieminen 30 274
8 Pantaloones FC Ian Horrocks 51 270
9 The Yank in Last AJ Goodman 29 266
10 bigG's speedythiefs gareth davies 43 256
11 KTown United C Do 46 255
12 StyleOverSubstance Chekyiu Ng 52 248
13 BDG United vij jadhav 43 243
14 Rastafari Roberto Suarez 37 236

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Air Fly said:
I wanna join but just dont know how it works :raised_ey
follow instructions on first page, but your gonna be at a major disadvantage because most people here are like 300 points up.

·
Registered
781 Posts
skip_dawg! said:
lol yeah its fun but messes with the enjoyability while watchin the games lol its all i think about!!!
hehe, I agree and disagree. Man City-Everton only kept me interested by virtue of Musampa being in my team, however i was pretty ashamed of myself when I realised how happy I was that Chelsea had taken the lead because it was Lampard who had scored.

Yahoo fantasy soccer's even worse, a couple of years ago when i did it they were giving points out for everything including shots on targets, so I would find myself watchin Match of the Day to look out for whether my players had got any shots on target that day :dead:

·
Registered
1 Posts
does someone know the fantasy socer platform www.fantasyxl.com ?
looks like it is like zweeler but with more leagues. not sure if i should deposit, cause they dont got a first deposit bonus.

do you guys know other sites with desposit bonus?
cheers

81 - 92 of 92 Posts