• Live in the City of the team

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • little over everything

Votes: 18 30.5%
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Heat because I grew up watching them living in the south florida area.

I will continue to be a fan of them when I go off to college and everything. I started watching them because of the city where they play, but now I love the team and the players on it.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I've been cheering for the Hornets since '91, because I was 5 and living in Canada is mistakenly thought they were the 'Charlottetown Hornets' (Charlotte is the birthplace of Canadian confederation)

I've been cheering for them ever since, just because I like them.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Grew up in the "Garden State" (New Jersey) and have been loving the New Jersey Nets ever since. Jason Kidd running the point, Vince Carter and Richard Jefferson filling the lanes and a young player who is emerging around the league in Nenad Krstic. Love the Nets for their teamwork, passion, and their ability to put it all on the line.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Heat (back in 97) because of Tim Hardaway and how disciplined the team was under Pat Riley. Liked that they played hard and they played good defense. Nowadays it's good to see Heat is good again, I really liked the combo of Wade + Odom + (maybe) Butler but having Wade really helps a lot

so it's like Heat plays good defense yet there is still flow to their offense (in contrast to the Pistons under LB)

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
I've been a basketball fan since I was about 11 or 12, but living in Toronto I had to follow whatever team NBC would put their Sunday games. I ended up being a Jazz fan, partly because I really liked Stockton and Malone, but mostly because my buddy was a Bulls fan and I just wanted to be different.
Then came the best day of my life*, the day I had hoped and preyed for night after night. The day it was announced that Toronto would be getting a NBA franchise. I didn't care that they tried to screw us over by protecting what draft picks we could get for three years. I was the happiest 14 year old on the block.
Ever since I've watched every move this franchise has made. What perfect timing, being 14, pretty much the high of adolescent obsession and growing with the frachise over that time. I can honestly say I've watch over 40 games a season since the first day (closer to all the games over the last five or six).
So even though they suck and people outside of Toronto seem to love to hate them, and some even hope the move, I will forever and always follow my Toronto Raptors. Mind you they better start doing something or else I may.....still watch some more.
*keep in mind at that time I was 14.

·
Snapping Necks and Cashing Checks
12,586 Posts
The Lakers cuz I was born with purple and gold in my veins and I came out of my moms stomach wearing a Magic jersey. :clap: Lakeshow Pride!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
SunsFan57 said:
Whats your favourite team and why?

I like the Suns because of the style, players(Marion,Nash,Amare) and teamwork.
SunsFan57 I agree. But the fact is the amazing and electrifying trio of Marion, Nash, and Amare aren't going to be present this season.But I do guarentee one thing when they do get back together the BUZZ will be back!

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Lived in Central Florida all my life. Have been surrounded by 3 huge Magic fans all my life. It rubbed off on me.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Lakers cause of the players on the team and the city

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Wizards...I have lived there all my life and will probably support them wherever i go

1 - 20 of 45 Posts