Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT COUNTING OUR TWO TITLES!

Share some of yours:

If you don't get goosebumps watching this, then you have problems!

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Ben and DZ stole mine.

I'll go with this play because that was a breakthrough series for this team and a huge, momentous play in the game that all but locked up the series.

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
Oh, and also...(despite how uncomfortable it was)

Not sure I jumped up and down and screamed as much as I did after this for any regular season win, even though we all pretty much knew it was happening by this point.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
The day Anthony Carter's agent mistakenly forgot to opt in on his deal is a moment in Heat history I will never forget. The domino effect that took place after that changed this franchise in the most positive way possible.

Couple of others:

Here's a sort of random one. When the Heat beat the Bulls in the 96/97 season, with only 8 players after the Hardaway trade. Rex Chapman went off for 39 points in the win

·
Registered
11,643 Posts
I tried finding it on YT and couldn't find it, but the shimmy that shimmy did on the floor on his back. I remembered that it was a huge basket that we needed and I was so happy to see Shimmy coming through, especially with all the hate he was getting throughout the year.

·
Registered
45,854 Posts
I tried finding it on YT and couldn't find it, but the shimmy that shimmy did on the floor on his back. I remembered that it was a huge basket that we needed and I was so happy to see Shimmy coming through, especially with all the hate he was getting throughout the year.

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
The day Anthony Carter's agent mistakenly forgot to opt in on his deal is a moment in Heat history I will never forget. The domino effect that took place after that changed this franchise in the most positive way possible.
This is my vote. But it wasn't a mistake, it was a "mistake" (wink wink). Win-win for everyone involved under the table deal.

That was so great because it was the only shimmy all year and it came at the perfect moment.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Love this thread.

I was gonna say 'does The Decision count'? :laugh:

I went nuts when I heard 'taking my talents to South Beach' - unbelievable.

All those plays above are awesome too. What about the Rafer Alston trey over Bradley on the buzzer in OT? That game was sick.

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Yep - that year ruled. Such an overachieving team.

DW
EJ
CB
LO
BG

:( memories

Ah well. Now we have the best player in the world. Yay!

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
That team will always have a special place in my heart since they got me back into basketball. Such a different vibe back then. The New World is one I wouldn't trade, but I still get nostalgia for that team.

Niiice! Thanks, I don't remember that it was his only all year (I don't think it was).

That basket was huge in our momentum that game if I am not mistaking. What game was that?
That was game 6. Huge in the game, series...season.

And yeah, pretty sure he had shelved the shimmy all season, since our organization has the tendency to make guys drop stuff like that, but that moment required it. I'm sure Pat was shimmy-ing.

That was so great because it was the only shimmy all year and it came at the perfect moment.
My memory of that play is so vivid I can taste the Irish Car Bombs being poured down my gullet every five minutes that night.

·
And Justise For All
64,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Wiltside
20,390 Posts
It was. We lost the two other games in Dallas. The only other one we wore red was Game 1, where we started strong but got smacked later on. I'm 99% sure that was in G6, I don't think it would be as revered in a loss, even if I wasn't sure.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts