Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Favorite Moment In Heat History

2K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  -33- 
#1 ·
NOT COUNTING OUR TWO TITLES!

Share some of yours:

If you don't get goosebumps watching this, then you have problems!

#8 ·
The day Anthony Carter's agent mistakenly forgot to opt in on his deal is a moment in Heat history I will never forget. The domino effect that took place after that changed this franchise in the most positive way possible.

Couple of others:

Here's a sort of random one. When the Heat beat the Bulls in the 96/97 season, with only 8 players after the Hardaway trade. Rex Chapman went off for 39 points in the win

#12 ·
The day Anthony Carter's agent mistakenly forgot to opt in on his deal is a moment in Heat history I will never forget. The domino effect that took place after that changed this franchise in the most positive way possible.
This is my vote. But it wasn't a mistake, it was a "mistake" (wink wink). Win-win for everyone involved under the table deal.

That was so great because it was the only shimmy all year and it came at the perfect moment.

#13 ·
Love this thread.

I was gonna say 'does The Decision count'? :laugh:

I went nuts when I heard 'taking my talents to South Beach' - unbelievable.

All those plays above are awesome too. What about the Rafer Alston trey over Bradley on the buzzer in OT? That game was sick.

#17 ·
That team will always have a special place in my heart since they got me back into basketball. Such a different vibe back then. The New World is one I wouldn't trade, but I still get nostalgia for that team.

That was game 6. Huge in the game, series...season.

And yeah, pretty sure he had shelved the shimmy all season, since our organization has the tendency to make guys drop stuff like that, but that moment required it. I'm sure Pat was shimmy-ing.

That was so great because it was the only shimmy all year and it came at the perfect moment.
My memory of that play is so vivid I can taste the Irish Car Bombs being poured down my gullet every five minutes that night.

#22 ·
The only year I ever remember cheering fot the Heat was '05 so I guess that has to be mine. That was a fun team to watch, and I still think it was better than the team that won it all the following year. Injuries bit that team hard.

#27 ·
I'm going to try at this without looking at anyone else's posts, or googling anything...just pure memory, first things that come to mind.

In person:
*Games 3,4,5 NBA Finals vs. Dallas in '06
*Game 3 NBA Finals in '12
*Game 1, 2 & 5 ECF @ Detroit in '06 (was nothing I loved more than going to the Palace for those games...so much shit talking both ways...nasty environment...I was at Game #2 also, but it was a loss. If my memory serves me correct, we won Game #5 as well?)
*Game 3, 4, 6 ECF @ Detroit in '05 (eventhough we lost)
*Game 2 East Semi-Finals @ Indiana in '04 (we lost, but was our bounce back year with Dwade/Odom/Skip/BG/Eddie...my 1st playoff game)
*Shaq arrives in Miami in semi truck
*Tim Hardaway's jersey retirement before season opener in '10

Others:
*Zo returns to court on TNT/TBS after Kidney Disorder
*Glen Rice's 50+ vs. Orlando in '94 or '95 - It was a Sunday game, and I remember getting grounded for not doing something I was supposed to b/c I was watching the game.
*D-Wade's game winner on Baron Davis in '04 - Remember going to the rec the next day/weeks and working on that reverse between the legs cross over and floater.
*D-Wade's dunk on Jermaine O'Neal in the '04 semi-finals
*Tim Hardaway 3 pt game winner vs. Knicks in playoffs
*Allan Houston's game winning floater that bounced on every part of the rim - 1st time I broke something because of a Heat loss
*Mashburn pass to Weatherspoon the following year - 2nd time I remember breaking something because of a Heat loss
*Harold Miner & Glen Rice win Dunk & 3 pt shootout in same night
*PJ Brown slams Charlie Ward
*Anthony Carter floater over the backboard game winner
*Heat beat Bulls with 8 guys on the roster in '96
*LeBron '12 Celtics series
*Anytime Earl Barron was on the floor
*Mark Strickland dunks
*Marty Conlon free throws

I should've tried to do that last part in time order, but I just did a random mess of ideas and now can't think of what I'm missing.

#29 ·
*Allan Houston's game winning floater that bounced on every part of the rim - 1st time I broke something because of a Heat loss
*Mashburn pass to Weatherspoon the following year - 2nd time I remember breaking something because of a Heat loss
Memorable moments, yes. Favorite? Hell no :laugh:

The day the Shaq trade was announced is definitely up there.

#31 ·
I was thinking of things where you can "remember where you were and what you were doing" type of factor. Not necessarily my "favorites". Although those Heat/Knicks series, regardless of win/loss, were epic. Every game was a war. Forget scoring, give me those earn every bucket type games again.

Detroit took that SA team to 7 games, and we were clearly better than Detroit when healthy. I also agree that that team was better than the 2006 one.
I agree with this 100%

#33 ·
W-L-W-W-L-W

We won game #1 in Detroit, lost game #2, lost game #5 (I was at all three)...I remember because after game #5 I talked mad shit on the way out about how this was their last home game. Those were fun games in the Palace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.