Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are your guys favorite Toronto Raptors?

I have four...
Antonio Davis
Keon Clark
Mo-Pete
and of course ViNsAnItY

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
5)Yogi (he's gonna produce this year trust me, member what he did against Duncan last year then he got injured for the rest of the season. Trust me)

4)Alvin Williams( AWILL is definetly a warrior he was the only player on the Raptor team to play all 82 games. He already had 2 operations on his knees and should be 100% this year)

3) Antonio Davis( The heart of this team,by himself he literaly brought this team back to the playoffs)

2)Keon Clark (The closest thing to KG enough said)

1)Vince Carter( 100% this year. He said there will be hell to pay when he comes back on the court cant wait to see what he's gonna bring. Im hoping for the old Vince)

side note= I hate MOP I hope he gets traded for a athletic SG(maybe we can trade MO for 1 in the draft) VC should play his natural position at SF so he can penetrate more rather then sticking to fade aways

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by JUNKIE
5)Yogi (he's gonna produce this year trust me, member what he did against Duncan last year then he got injured for the rest of the season. Trust me)

4)Alvin Williams( AWILL is definetly a warrior he was the only player on the Raptor team to play all 82 games. He already had 2 operations on his knees and should be 100% this year)

3) Antonio Davis( The heart of this team,by himself he literaly brought this team back to the playoffs)

2)Keon Clark (The closest thing to KG enough said)

1)Vince Carter( 100% this year. He said there will be hell to pay when he comes back on the court cant wait to see what he's gonna bring. Im hoping for the old Vince)

side note= I hate MOP I hope he gets traded for a athletic SG(maybe we can trade MO for 1 in the draft) VC should play his natural position at SF so he can penetrate more rather then sticking to fade aways
I'm sorry his natural position SF? Maybe in College but not in the NBA my friend. Although he does have the quickness and ability to shoot, SF is not a position for him. Do you remember his first 2 years at SF? He never rebounded. All forwards are supposed to rebound though. Therefore he does not fit in.

Also he would get abused on defense. His lack of defense can be handled while playing SG. But he is not an interior defender. More of a perimeter type defender. How do you think he would do on defense against Glenn Robinson, KG, Nowitzki, Miles? etc

He should stay at SG...it suits him better. They dont call it "Shooting" guard for nothing.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Originally posted by sime

I'm sorry his natural position SF? Maybe in College but not in the NBA my friend. Although he does have the quickness and ability to shoot, SF is not a position for him. Do you remember his first 2 years at SF? He never rebounded. All forwards are supposed to rebound though. Therefore he does not fit in.

Also he would get abused on defense. His lack of defense can be handled while playing SG. But he is not an interior defender. More of a perimeter type defender. How do you think he would do on defense against Glenn Robinson, KG, Nowitzki, Miles? etc

He should stay at SG...it suits him better. They dont call it "Shooting" guard for nothing.
Vince Carter's game is suited for SF more then SG IMO. Why you ask?

Vince is not known as a great defender infact Vince is not known as a good defender and him matching up against faster more athletic guys (AI,Kobe) shows the weakness in his D.

Sime maybe you have not noticed but Vince is not small he's an easy 6'6 and has gained much more muscle since his first year in the league when he did play SF for the full 82 game season. Him banging with KG is obviously not a good matchup but MOP at SF guarding him his definetly worse.

Offensively I think you will agree that his game is more suited for that position providing he does not mostly rely (cant spell that word) on his fade aways and off balance shots. When Vince drives to the rim and takes it hard he rarely is denied, He usually goes to the line or dunks it over someone. Him faster offensively then most SF is lethal on offensive exspecially with his first step.

PS: When the Raptors face Minnesota KG is covered by AD. Jordan (not known as a great rebounder) has no problem playing that position at almost 40. To say Vince cant bang with the big boys is simply a diss to him and a dead statement that should be put to rest.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Hey ask him for yourself what position he would rather play...
and also when did you see VC guarding Iverson or Kobe. As I recall I always saw Alvin on him. My eyes may deceive me but I think I am right.

but we are talking about defensive capability...

no one questions that vince can't provide offense. he is instant. he will score night in and night out no matter what happens.

If Lennny were to tell Vince to play SF, he would be fired...we all know Vince wants to play SG...so let him stay there...

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
LOL at Yogi injured himself after playing some 10 minutes defense on Duncan, what a scrub!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Question to all Raptor fans, has Vince refused to play SF? I thought Lenny moved Vince there because MOP is to slow to play at SG.

Sime if your right about Vince refusing to play SF then there is no question we keep him at SG.

You are right on Iverson about Alvin guarding him, but the same can be said at the SF position for the big guys like Garnet.

Just because Vince is listed as a SF does not mean he has to guard the other teams SF. The point I was trying to make is Vince playing SF would allow him to get more rebounds ala Tracy Mcgrady.

Dont foret Tracy is a good rebounder because no one on his team is a rebounder and they have no one in the post that does anything significant. If the Magic had a dominate rebounder those numbers would be cut in half.

Vince has AD and Keon which means Vince does not need to rebound because those big guys are up their to do the dirty work ala MOP who does not rebound and drive the offensive board because he does not have to.

Kobe Bryant is probably the best small rebounder in the NBA but dont forget most of the times the other teams big men are boxing out Shaq making it more easier for the other guys Kobe, Horry, Fox to pick up offensive boards.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by JUNKIE
Question to all Raptor fans, has Vince refused to play SF? I thought Lenny moved Vince there because MOP is to slow to play at SG.

Sime if your right about Vince refusing to play SF then there is no question we keep him at SG.

You are right on Iverson about Alvin guarding him, but the same can be said at the SF position for the big guys like Garnet.

Just because Vince is listed as a SF does not mean he has to guard the other teams SF. The point I was trying to make is Vince playing SF would allow him to get more rebounds ala Tracy Mcgrady.

Dont foret Tracy is a good rebounder because no one on his team is a rebounder and they have no one in the post that does anything significant. If the Magic had a dominate rebounder those numbers would be cut in half.

Vince has AD and Keon which means Vince does not need to rebound because those big guys are up their to do the dirty work ala MOP who does not rebound and drive the offensive board because he does not have to.

Kobe Bryant is probably the best small rebounder in the NBA but dont forget most of the times the other teams big men are boxing out Shaq making it more easier for the other guys Kobe, Horry, Fox to pick up offensive boards.
I'm not trying to start a war dont get me wrong but everyone has their opinions. And as much as I h onestly remember thats how it went. That Vince wanted to take on the SG position cuz he felt that it suited him better, and that he would have an easier role on defense because he wouldnt have to bang with the players who posted him up...

I aslo have to disagree about you saying Kobe Bryant is probably the best small rebounder because come on, we all know its Jason Kidd. :D

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

I'm not trying to start a war dont get me wrong but everyone has their opinions. And as much as I h onestly remember thats how it went. That Vince wanted to take on the SG position cuz he felt that it suited him better, and that he would have an easier role on defense because he wouldnt have to bang with the players who posted him up...

I aslo have to disagree about you saying Kobe Bryant is probably the best small rebounder because come on, we all know its Jason Kidd. :D
Ya no question Jason Kidd is the best. I meant the small forwards/shooting guards tho :p. Ya man no hard feelings your right everyone has there own opinions and I guess me and you will just agree to dissagree. :D

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
lol...I can see us in the future having some heated discussions and disagreements way into the morning hours...

its always good to get some talk goin tho.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Heated discussions are good as long as they dont get out of hand. If everyone agreed on everything this site would be boring as hell so would every other message board.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Favorite Players

Guys, this post is about your favorite Raptor player. Not about whether Vince Carter is a SF.:D

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Re: My favourite Raptors...

Originally posted by Budweiser_Boy
Assuming this is all time...

1. Charles Oakley
2. Alvin Williams
3. Vince Carter
4. Antonio Davis
5. Keon Clark
if its all-time then my favourite has gotta be.....

Oliver "enter insult here _____" Miller

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: My favourite Raptors...

if its all-time then my favourite has gotta be.....

Oliver "enter insult here _____" Miller
Oliver "Fata$$" Miller :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
1. Jimmy King
2. Ace Earl

Those two players define what a scrub is for us!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
both of those players weren't given a decent chance. Acie Earl got playing time but it wasn't significant. Jimmy King was a 2nd round pick that nobody believed in. He didn't get a full chance as well. Now hes playing overseas.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Antonio Davis clicks right at the top of my mind, without even a shade of a shadow of a doubt. He's the man, I love his playing style. I remember last summer when the Magic were making a run for him I must have been the happiest man on eart and praying my @$$ off that we'd be able to somehow escape with him.

He is your leader, when you were down 0-2 to the Detroit Pistons he didn't quit at all and was just amazing in those two games over at home in Toronto. You guys should be really proud of this guy, i'm looking forward to seeing him do good and he's one of the few reasons why I like the Raptors. I'll be very happy to see him put up all star numbers in 02-03.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts