Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few wrestling fans here and mine, hands down is Shawn Michaels. Simple the most talented wrestler I have seen in the ring and a great worker on the microphone as well. For anyone that doesn't agree, just grab some stufff from mid-late 97 and early 98. HBK was at his best.

I also like Flair (the 80's Flair), Savage, Angle and Jericho

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Has to be Steve Austin, but I guess he ins't here anymore. Great microphone talker, was a good wrestler also. Now I'd have to say since The Rock is back, Stone Cold will be long forgotten.:cry:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by devestata
Has to be Steve Austin, but I guess he ins't here anymore. Great microphone talker, was a good wrestler also. Now I'd have to say since The Rock is back, Stone Cold will be long forgotten.:cry:
You ever see Austin's stuff from WCW. he was a helluva worker back then. His team with Brian Pillman was awesome

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
The first time I seen him was back in 1996 or '97 when he came in as the Ring Master. From there on, his popularity started to grow, and grow, and grow... and still hasn't stopped!;)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should see if you can get your hands on some WCW stuff from about 93. He and Pillman were great and he wors a totally different style to the 'Stone Cold' character.

This was when he was 'Stunning' Steve and had hair... though he was starting to go bald already

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
My Favorites

Hulk Hogan
Ultimate Warrior
Stone Cold
Brock Lesnar
HHH
RVD
The Rock
HBK
Hall
Nash
Stacy Keibler!!!!!!:love:
Edge

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
My fav is "The best there is, The best there was and The best there ever will be"

BRET HART

In the ring few will ever compare to Bret (HBK,Y2J and Benoit exceptions) Not only was Bret IMO the best technical wrestler there is like one of those 3.

He also had a great deal of power and power moves then none of those wrestlers do.

In todays day I have to say that RVD is the best wrestler hands down. He's crap on the mic but if we are talkin about wrestling I would say he is the best today.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Wrestling

Don't watch much wrestling. But, I do watch The Rock when he wrestles. That's the only wrestling I do watch actually. He's so funny. I watch all of the talk shows he's in, and you know I went to go see "The Scorpion King."

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I don't really like wrestling....but I choose Diamond Dallas Paige

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by jvanbusk
I don't remember when the last time I watched wrestling...but a long time ago my favorite was HBK.
Man, HBK was wrestling gold. Awesome on the mic, awesome in the ring. He had this trait of making everything he said contain a bit of venom, as if he actually believed it. That, in itself, is an art that most can never grasp.

Foley was the other one that could do it

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by Shaqs big toe

Man, HBK was wrestling gold. Awesome on the mic, awesome in the ring. He had this trait of making everything he said contain a bit of venom, as if he actually believed it. That, in itself, is an art that most can never grasp.

Foley was the other one that could do it
I've got to agree. When I watched, I loved watching the guys that were the best in the ring. So, that means I liked Bret Hart and Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. These guys could carry a match with their skills, and that's what I really looked at in determining who my favorites were. I'll never forget the images of Superfly coming down from the top of the cage in MSG. That was quite possibly one of the greatest moments I have ever seen. (From what I've read Mick Foley liked that one too. <u>Have a Nice Day!</u>)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Booker T & Kurt Angle

·
Registered
219 Posts
I being watching wrestling since I was 4 or 5 year old and I'm still a HUGE wrestling fan now.

I have bunch of wrestling tapes back in the 80s and 90s.

Mostly WWFs but I also do follow WCW as well.

The Hollywood Blonds with Steve Austin and Brian Pillman was great. One of the true great tag teams next to the Steiner Brothers, Road Warriors, Hardy Boyz, Dudely Boyz, Edge & Christian, Midnight Express, Rock & Roll Express and etc.

Good old days and new good days what I like to call it now lol.

They have so many great wrestlers in the past rather I'm not a fan or not but some I do respect the likes of:

Ricky Steamboat
Addular The Butcher
Kerry Von Eric
Kevin Von Eric
Bret "The Hitman" Hart
Mick Foely
Ric Flair
Hulk Hogan(Which I use to be a big fan of his.)
Stone Cold Steve Austin
The Rock
HBK
Triple H

and many more.

My favorites right now since StoneCold is gone which sucks and which it sucks what happen with his situation lately. I had to say Rob Van Damn he's one hell of a performer and one hell of a wrestler.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Well, I don't watch wrestling, but I get a kick out of the Rock. Any of the ladies would have to be my favorite...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts