Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1. In February, Suns will be the first team in the NBA to be knocked out of Playoffs.
2. Cavs are likely to lose 8 of next 12 games in February.
3. Sheed will be traded in February.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!
I think you have to be a lot more awful than the Suns have been to get eliminated in February.
Like the Magic?

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. Suns lost 32 as of today. If they lose 6 more games, then they are out.
2. 4 wins: Cavs is likely to beat Knicks in NY, beat Wizards, Celtics and Magic.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
By saying the Suns will be "knocked out of the playoffs," I was thinking that you were meant mathematically eliminated. I'm not going to actually do the math, but I'm guessing it's pretty tough to be officially out of playoff contention in February. I could be wrong though.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, mathematically eliminated based on last two yrs standing.

Cavs will play 8 with top ten teams this month.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Marbury and Van Horn become the one-two punch New York needs on offense.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
The Cavs can beat top teams though. They just cant do it consistently. That doesnt mean they're going to loose automatically. They are a different team now. They'll get one or two of the top teams.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
Yes, mathematically eliminated based on last two yrs standing.

Cavs will play 8 with top ten teams this month.
Just relax and look at the GB from the 8 seed to PHX. When it's greater than the number of games left, it's over. (and they're only like 20 GB of Sacramento with 2.5 months left, let alone the 8 seed)

#2 is highly unlikely.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
weak team could beat the best team, but could be beat by another weak team though.
Let's wait and see.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
huge difference between ball and basketball

ball means "earth, world, globe, sphere" unlimited weight

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
1. In February, Suns will be the first team in the NBA to be knocked out of Playoffs.
This is not accurate mathematically, logically maybe. As has been previously mentioned, a team is only eliminated mathematically when there are fewer games to play than they are behind (ie. 3 games behind with 2 left to play).

2. Cavs are likely to lose 8 of next 12 games in February.
This is not a prediction, it is a statement. A prediction would be that the Cavaliers would lose 8 of the next 12 games. I actually agree with you. This is going to be a very tough month for the Cavs. However they are playing much better and could sneak out a few wins against these tough opponents.

3. Sheed will be traded in February.

This is a possibility, but for some reason I believe that he will be staying in Portland.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Re: Re: February Predictions

Originally posted by <b>The OUTLAW</b>!

This is not accurate mathematically, logically maybe. As has been previously mentioned, a team is only eliminated mathematically when there are fewer games to play than they are behind (ie. 3 games behind with 2 left to play).

This is not a prediction, it is a statement. A prediction would be that the Cavaliers would lose 8 of the next 12 games. I actually agree with you. This is going to be a very tough month for the Cavs. However they are playing much better and could sneak out a few wins against these tough opponents.

This is a possibility, but for some reason I believe that he will be staying in Portland.
:yes: for 3: we offered them NVE and Dampier. they still want more?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Originally posted by <b>compsciguy78</b>!
Marbury and Van Horn become the one-two punch New York needs on offense.
I hope your right, we got a tough schedule so it would be nice if they can develop a nice chemistry. Good call.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Most Reasonable and Logical Prediction: The Raptors tearing up every team.

Or NOT:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts