Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Sexy Moderator
Joined
·
13,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago the House, by an overwhelming majority, passed legislation that would deny federal funds to state and local governments that use their power of eminent domain to convey private property to another person or entity. The Bush administration supports the bill, which is now before the Senate. If the bill becomes law, it could prevent any possible use of eminent domain for projects such as Bruce Ratner's Atlantic Yards development, which includes a new arena for the New Jersey Nets, and Columbia University's planned expansion into West Harlem.
http://www.nydailynews.com/11-21-2005/news/col/story/367587p-312880c.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,634 Posts
The arena is still being built, it's the project surrounding it that's in danger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,587 Posts
Net2 said:
The arena is still being built, it's the project surrounding it that's in danger.
Uh wait I'am confused how can the arena still be bulit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,634 Posts
thenetsfan said:
Uh wait I'am confused how can the arena still be bulit?
I think the big problem is the size of the project, the multiple skyscrapers, all the other stuff.

The arena will still be built even if the project is scaled down.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
858 Posts
i was just going to post this YESSS!!!!!!!!!!! iam so happy, and no his whole project is in danger so the stadium would not be builtand the nets will stay in jersey

CAN YOU SAY NEWARK NETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
858 Posts
Net2 said:
I think the big problem is the size of the project, the multiple skyscrapers, all the other stuff.

The arena will still be built even if the project is scaled down.
BRO HES NOT TALKING ABOUT THE SIZE HIS TALKING ABOUT THE EMEMNINT DOMAIN THAT WILL PROLLY BE PASSED DOWN THAT DOESNT ALLOWED TO JUST TAKE PROPERTY LIKE THAT
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
858 Posts
inuyasha232 said:
damn u bush.
*wink*
the only good thing bush has done a s president, if this destroys the crooklyn project i wouldnt mind buch as president for the next couple of years
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,634 Posts
It's not Bush that supports the project, it's the puppetmaster Dick Cheney.

Just like on SNL

I never thought I would see the day where Eastwick would support the president
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
858 Posts
Net2 said:
It's not Bush that supports the project, it's the puppetmaster Dick Cheney.

Just like on SNL
if this gets passed down he prolly wont be able to do his [strike]gayazz[/strike] crooklyn project (thank god), it has nothing to do witht the size this is a whole different isssue

Masked cursing is against the rules.

As is homophobic slurs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,142 Posts
eastwicknets said:
i was just going to post this YESSS!!!!!!!!!!! iam so happy, and no his whole project is in danger so the stadium would not be builtand the nets will stay in jersey

CAN YOU SAY NEWARK NETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
actually this would not be guaranteed, he would sell the team to the highest bidder and the nets could literally end up anywhere. This would not be good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,634 Posts
eastwicknets said:
CAN YOU SAY NEWARK NETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could say Kansas City Nets, or St. Louis Nets.

How about Oklahoma City Nets?

Gee, Brooklyn Nets sounds pretty good right now doesn't it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,634 Posts
inuyasha232 said:
newark nets sounds good too:(
My point is, although he's been a great owner, and really wants the best for this team. I'm a realist, and he could easily sell this team to the highest bidder, and I believe that higher bidder will most likely come from a non-NBA city like Oklahoma City, who if they don't keep the Hornets, would be great for an NBA team. KC just built a new arena, prime location for a city that hasn't had an NBA team in 20 years.

I don't want Ratner to sell.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
858 Posts
Net2 said:
I could say Kansas City Nets, or St. Louis Nets.

How about Oklahoma City Nets?

Gee, Brooklyn Nets sounds pretty good right now doesn't it?
shutup man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,634 Posts
eastwicknets said:
shutup man
Let me ask you something, if Ratner doesn't get his project, do you realize the implications this would have on the franchise? It could have some very negative implications. I don't want that to happen, but I'm being real. It's a definite possibility.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
858 Posts
Net2 said:
Let me ask you something, if Ratner doesn't get his project, do you realize the implications this would have on the franchise? It could have some very negative implications. I don't want that to happen, but I'm being real. It's a definite possibility.
no it would be great we stay in jerz theyre real home
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,842 Posts
Relax gentlemen, Back off each other. We don't wanna have a fight in the main forum, do we?
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top