Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Thrill Is On! The doors to FedExForum are opening to the public for the first time and you’re welcome to view the Mid-South’s new home for sports and entertainment on Monday, September 6 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The ribbon cutting ceremony begins at 11 a.m., with doors to FedExForum opening at 11:45 a.m.

Join Grizzlies President of Basketball Operations Jerry West, forward Shane Battier, University of Memphis Tigers Head Basketball Coach John Calipari, Memphis City Mayor Willie Herenton, Shelby County Mayor A C Wharton and other dignitaries to celebrate the official dedication of FedExForum during the formal ribbon cutting ceremony on the FedExForum Plaza.

After the ribbon cutting ceremony, fans are welcome to enter through the Grand Lobby and explore the amenities and sight lines of FedExForum. Tours of all public spaces will take place throughout the day, with live performances by the Dempseys, After Dark, The Gamble Brothers and Venus Mission adding their tunes to the musical theme of FedExForum.

Bring your favorite pens because select Grizzlies’ and Tigers’ players will be available for autographs at various times throughout the day, beginning at 12:30 p.m. at Section 208 on the Terrace Level. In addition, stop by section 228 to take a $5 souvenir photo with the arena bowl as a backdrop.
Link

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm a Memphis resident, so I'll be attending. It's rather exciting; I've been counting down the days for a long time. I've got some really high expectations for the place. I'm hoping it will be the most state-of-the-art stadium in the NBA (or in all of America for that matter).

BTW - I realize this is off topic, but does anyone in Memphis know why Incubus was scheduled to play in the FedEx Forum on September 24th but is now scheduled to play in the Pyramid? I was just curious because half of the reason I wanted to go to the show was to experience a concert in the FedEx Forum and thought maybe a fellow Memphian would know.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by <b>Jimi Hendrix</b>!
BTW - I realize this is off topic, but does anyone in Memphis know why Incubus was scheduled to play in the FedEx Forum on September 24th but is now scheduled to play in the Pyramid? I was just curious because half of the reason I wanted to go to the show was to experience a concert in the FedEx Forum and thought maybe a fellow Memphian would know.
The Incubus concert was moved to the Pyramid because of the Roy Jones Jr. fight at the Forum on the 25th. They decided that reconfiguring the FedExForum in less than 24 hours before a televised championship fight would be a bit too much trouble.

And welcome to the site. :wave:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by <b>talula</b>!

The Incubus concert was moved to the Pyramid because of the Roy Jones Jr. fight at the Forum on the 25th. They decided that reconfiguring the FedExForum in less than 24 hours before a televised championship fight would be a bit too much trouble.
Do you know when the events were scheduled? That just seems like poor planning on the part of the FedEx Forum.

And welcome to the site. :wave:
Thanks. :)

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
I've been looking forward to the Incubus concert for a while. Can't wait. A little disappointing it's not in the Forum, but oh well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by <b>UKfan4Life</b>!
I've been looking forward to the Incubus concert for a while. Can't wait. A little disappointing it's not in the Forum, but oh well.
Same; I've been playing "A Crow Left of the Murder" over and over again in my car. I know pretty much every word in every song now. :)

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jimi Hendrix</b>!
I'm a Memphis resident, so I'll be attending. It's rather exciting; I've been counting down the days for a long time. I've got some really high expectations for the place. I'm hoping it will be the most state-of-the-art stadium in the NBA (or in all of America for that matter).

What Talula said. Although I don't know when each event was scheduled.

I'm going to this thing tomorrow. I'm planning on visiting the new team store and picking up either a Posey or Gasol jersey. Very much looking forward to it.

And welcome to the Grizz board. It'll pick up more around here once the season actually gets going.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts