Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's been playing better in the second half of the season. Do you think he can be a longterm starter for a successful Warriors team?

On a related note, I used to be a huge Pietrus fan, but the guy's shot selection is starting to really piss me off.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
halfbreed said:
He's been playing better in the second half of the season. Do you think he can be a longterm starter for a successful Warriors team?

On a related note, I used to be a huge Pietrus fan, but the guy's shot selection is starting to really piss me off.
His defense is still atrocious. He looked fantastic in the Kings game though. I would like to see him handle the ball a little more. Agreed on Pietrus.

·
Premium Member
6,650 Posts
Both Dunleavy's and Pietrus' season, overall, I attribute to the coaching staff. Specifically, Monty. If there was a structured offense, I feel Dunleavy would be featured more in set plays. As the year's gone on, it just seems that the offense is like a pick-up game and during stretches of the year, certain role players are favored in the offense.

The lack of a disciplined leader (Monty) is the reason you have the team overall, and Pietrus specifically, chucking up poor shots. I don't mind missing shots so much, but it's in the shots you choose to shoot. Granted, a lot of our perimeter shots is because we're forced to, shot clock having wound down, nobody getting loose, players away from the ball standing around, not setting picks for other players....this s**t is frustrating to me considering the overall talent we have (and the length of time we have players--like Dunleavy--under contract).

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
We're likely going to have Dunleavy for a long time, with that big contract.

Pietrus faded away the 2nd half of the season. Seeing as I wanted him to start earlier on, he's been quite a disappointment. The small forward position is going to have to be worked out...

The Warriors team needs better coaching. We should have 10 more wins than we do now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.