Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Felton led all rookies in scoring with 17.0 points per game, while recording 3.8 rebounds, 6.6 assists, shooting .457 from the field and a rookie-high .474 from three-point range. In the last five games of the month, Felton averaged 22.4 points on .460 shooting, 5.2 rebounds and 9.2 assists, and recorded double-doubles (points-assists) in four out of five contests.
http://www.nba.com/rookies/rom_060403.html

stud

· Registered
6,297 Posts
Yeppers, talk about a steady increase in production every week this season, it seems like. The kid is good and getting better all the time. I hope 1) The effects of hiis auto accident a while back don't linger and, 2) We can hold onto him. He's starting to look like a franchise guy.

Laurie

· Registered
6,297 Posts
Drewbs said:
And the Bobcats are better than last year... despite Emeka Okafor falling off the face of the earth.
Yeppers, even minus Okafor (who?) and all the other injured players, Charlotte's managed to improve this season. With even a decent pickup through draft or FA, I expect them to contend for that eighth spot next season....season after that, for sure. :banana:

Laurie

· Registered
3,383 Posts
Depends who they draft, but I hope to see a vast improvement.

Interestingly enough, it's pretty much now a 3 horse race for the worst record, Charlotte, New York and Portland are all tied on 21 wins, but Charlotte has lost one more game though.

· Registered
6,297 Posts
step said:
Depends who they draft, but I hope to see a vast improvement.

Interestingly enough, it's pretty much now a 3 horse race for the worst record, Charlotte, New York and Portland are all tied on 21 wins, but Charlotte has lost one more game though.
If it's a race for worst record :hurl: Portland may have the advantage. Coach McMillan's not even interested anymore in wins; he's already focused on next season, switching players around and making lists of who to keep and who to get rid of. Whether they win or not now doesn't seem important--it's the future Nate's planning for.

As for the Knicks, somebody should tell those idiots their season's over. Suddenly they've decided to make an effort?!

Thing is, Coach Bickerstaff won't play the McMillan screw-the-present-plot-the-future game. The Bobcats will do their best until the closing buzzer of their last game. And the 'Cats are better than the Knicks, so they'll probably win more games than New York.

I see us drafting third, just ahead of Atlanta. Morrison will be gone, which will break Bickerstaff's heart. Bet he's already plotting who he'll give up to Portland to get Adam in Charlotte.

Laurie

· Registered
6,297 Posts
Carbo04 said:
I see both Portland and NYK both having worse records than us.
Yeppers, like I said we probably draft third--behind Portland and New York, ahead of Atlanta. Unless something amazing happens, Charlotte needs to decide who's the best at the third slot--and who we're willing to give up to Portland or New York in order to get Morrison.

Laurie

· Registered
6,297 Posts
TAllen42 said:
Felton should have Rookie of the Year, no month. Damn Chris Paul.

Edit: I accidently called him ChrisT Paul. Oops.
Just musing here....

The Hornets have really tumbled lately. If anybody manages to slip into that eighth spot in the West, it'll be Utah, not NOK. Paul's not leading that team anywhere but the lottery, it's pretty sure now.

Soooo.....Is it possible Ray Felton is ROY? Paul's main advantage was that as a rookie he was taking the Hornets into the Playoffs. Now that's not going to happen, that evens the playing field a bunch. (That logic doesn't hold with Utah's Deron Williams, because he's got Kirilenko, Boozer, et al backing him up, and he's not the best player on his team.)

Laurie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.