Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mark Cuban would like to add a big man before the trade deadline.
The Mavericks need a tough big man, and everyone knows it. They tried to land Rasheed Wallace last month, but talks went nowhere. Attempts to land Zydrunas Ilgauskas also have fallen short. What they'd really love to have is the package Golden State is offering right now -- Nick Van Exel and Erick Dampier. Problem is, the Mavericks don't have any expiring contracts to give up unless ... Antoine Walker decides to opt out if traded to the Warriors.

Another trade that could make some sense for Dallas? Sending Walker to the Sonics for Brent Barry, Jerome James and Calvin Booth. Barry could give the Mavericks the backcourt depth they've been seeking, and James and Booth are both big bodies who could do really well in Dallas. Booth had the best year of his career playing in Dallas for half a season, and James has the strength and athleticism the Mavs are looking for.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hmmmmmm booth and james? throw in flip murray instead of barry for walker and change and I'd do it. Dampier is a beast though. Bringing nve back would be dope too. basically the mavs would get fortson, dampier, nve, and jamison for basically walker. LOL

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I would love to get NVE and Dampier for Walker. I would do that
in a second.

If that happened then we would have traded
(Raef LaFrentz, Avery, A Stiff) for (Jamison, Dampier, Fortson and Delk)

NVE would be back where he started

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mavsman</b>!
I would love to get NVE and Dampier for Walker. I would do that
in a second.

If that happened then we would have traded
(Raef LaFrentz, Avery, A Stiff) for (Jamison, Dampier, Fortson and Delk)

NVE would be back where he started
I like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts