Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this series, regardless of the outcome, has put some serious doubts into my mind about sports in general. As a child I looked up to big league ball players and wanted to be like them but as I learned as an working adult it really doesn't matter what you know but who you know. Nothing seems to be what it appears to be.

I truly believe the Lakers are the better team whether or not they will be allowed to play their game remains to be seen. I am not making excuses, I am a knowledgeable fan and I can see!

The Lakers have been tested but the test has been graded on a curve instead of straight up percentile.

The Lakers will play their game with class --

not with flopping
not with complaining to the referees
not with fans banging cow bells behind the bench

but with dignity and integrity

they will play the game the way it was supposed to be played

I would like to thank all of the Laker fans who had to put up with this type of seventh game scenario but remember pride, dignity and integrity will prevail because that is the basis of our existence.

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
It was a hell of a series and a hell of a game...but my nerves are racked...here's hoping we can sweep New Jersey.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I was rooting for the Kings, but can't help but admire the Lakers for their skill and execution under pressure. Guess that's why they're the champs though, right?

Congrats

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
it's too early to count out the nets though. like todd macculloch said, "There were people who said we weren't going to make the playoffs, and we did that, that we couldn't beat Indiana, Charlotte or Boston, and we did that. People keep thinking we're not going to win and, if they really think that, then why should we bother to play the Finals?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts