Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took until the stroke of midnight and then five more minutes, but after the dust settled on a crazy game in Sacramento with the Los Angeles Lakers needing overtime to finally seize the No. 2 seed, the No. 3 Dallas Mavericks learned they'd face the No. 6 Portland Trail Blazers in the first round of the 2011 NBA playoffs.

The series will start Saturday at 8:30 p.m. at American Airlines Center.

"Our record is 0-0. It's the first team to four," Mavs point guard Jason Kidd said of the first-round, best-of-7 series. "We're going to have our hands full in the first round. We're going to have to pay attention to the small details if want to have a chance to advance. The big thing is this is a veteran ballclub, so we know what it takes."
Link

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We got the match up we were hoping for. I hope it isn't a case of be careful what you wish for. I think though the Mavs give us the best case of a series win of any of the top four teams.

Sat 16 @ Dallas First Round 6:30pm
Tue 19 @ Dallas First Round 6:30pm
Thu 21 vs Dallas First Round 7:30pm
Sat 23 vs Dallas First Round 2:00pm
Mon 25 @ Dallas First Round TBD
Thu 28 vs Dallas First Round TBD
Sat 30 @ Dallas First Round TBD

I have tickets to all the games here. I'm hoping I'll be able to use them and not have to sell.

GO BLAZERS!!

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking this might be the only first round series to go 7.
No, we'll take it in 6.

Nice seeing the Lakers work so hard to avoid the Blazers in the first round, though they almost stop playing a bit early.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts