Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In game against Grizzlies in 23 minutes he had 12 points, 10 boards ( 8 offencive )and 2 steals. Don't you think that he is worth more minutes, at least more than less tallented and not very perspective Massenburg ?

·
Registered
390 Posts
The main issue with Songaila is that he can't play in the high post. He is more of an off-the-ball-cuter and he actually plays that role better than Hedo (note: I'm Not saying Songaila is a better player than Hedo), but Darius's passing and decision making from that high post is suspected. In the King's playbook, the player who mans the high post runs the offense; and there is simply no way in hell Adelman gives that post to a rookie.

Massenburg, for all his fault, is actually a decent high post passer and shooter, so he plays the high post until we get someone better. My guess is, Massenburg's PT will go down when Divac (or Miller even) moves to the 2nd unit; Songaila and Wallace's PT will go up since their off-the-ball cutting will complement Divac's (or Miller's) passing.

I like Songaila. If he ever learns to pass and run pick and roll from that high spot, he will be the sixth man of the year. Bank on it. Note to Songaila -- take notes from Brad Miller.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
The Maloofs told Petrie to cut salary, as a result he tries to find gems from the garbage bin like Songalia.

Don't get your hopes up, he is a borderline NBA player and if the Kings are counting on him to produce their bench is in trouble. Next year when Vlade either leaves or takes a paycut you should be able to afford to get a some quality bench guys.

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Don't get your hopes up, he is a borderline NBA player and if the Kings are counting on him to produce their bench is in trouble. Next year when Vlade either leaves or takes a paycut you should be able to afford to get a some quality bench guys.
Im just happy with the bench.... id take it over Lakers anyday...

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I actually think Songaila could be a decent player, I see him averaging 15 and 8 in a couple of years...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Oh yeah I'll take Songaila of the Lakers bench. That kid shows no fear and he's got a nice shot.

Imagine him 1yr from now playing on the Kings. He's playing so well now w/such little playing time, now that he's proving himself in 1yr he is going to be amazing.

The only issue I have w/Songaila playing more minutes is the fact that it's going to basically finish Wallace. :(

Wallace has so much potential if only Adelman would show in some confidence. Wallace has proven himself when he starts games but for some reason he has gone on Adelmans poop list. And now those minutes that Songaila is getting are at the expense of Wallace

But I really do have to say that I love that Songaila.

Thanx again Petrie for a wonderful pick up :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts