Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the cavs lose, can anyone argue it shouldn't go to lebron? I expect him to keep near this same level of play.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
If the cavs lose, can anyone argue it shouldn't go to lebron? I expect him to keep near this same level of play.
I mean, I wouldn't be mad about it, it's hard to argue against him being the best player in the series. Obviously most people believe it's the award for the best player on the winning team, but in this case......

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
We have precedent from 1969 and a certain Jerry West on the Lakers squad that lost in 7 to Boston. He averaged nearly 38ppg in the Finals themselves (30.9 points, 3.9 rebounds and 7.5 assists in the entire Playoffs), either way, LeBron has him beat for the moment.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Shouldn't?? Nope, nobody can argue that, it certainly should. I still highly, highly doubt that it would happen though.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
I remember Hakeem won Finals MVP once despite being on the losing team.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
If the Warriors win, it'll be Curry or Thompson (both are at about the same numbers for the series right now). Obviously LeBron wins if Cleveland does. I think it's become an accepted reality that the finals MVP goes to the best performer on the winning team, although I'd love to see them reward the actual MVP of the series. I think it would be incredibly awkward though, given that he'd have to accept the award amidst a Warriors championship celebration.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I remember Hakeem won Finals MVP once despite being on the losing team.
No you don't. Logo is the only guy to ever do it.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
If the series keeps about the same place and everyone keeps about the same numbers, I'd be fine with Lebron winning even if Cleveland loses the next 3 games.

There isn't one other player out there playing even at an allstar level.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It happens.

I saw an article earlier where The Dream suggested The Admiral deserved the Finals MVP, so perhaps that is where your memory had it switched.
No you didn't. The only year the Dream and Admiral played in different conferences was 2002 when Dream was a member of the Craptors. And we all know they never made the finals.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
Great thread idea. I think this actually has potential. If he keeps playing like this and the Cavs lose in 6 or 7, I can't imagine a more worthy MVP candidate.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
Nah, at this rate, if Golden State wins the MVP for them will be JR Smith.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
If the series keeps about the same place and everyone keeps about the same numbers, I'd be fine with Lebron winning even if Cleveland loses the next 3 games.

There isn't one other player out there playing even at an allstar level.
I understand people looking at his 40 ppg average but really he's on pace of taking 200 shots in series if the series goes 7.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I understand people looking at his 40 ppg average but really he's on pace of taking 200 shots in series if the series goes 7.
He's anything but an effective scorer right now, but the sad truth is he's their only option.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts