·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is not making players better :curse:
he is infecting a culture of loosing into this team :curse:
he does not show the ability to make adjustments :curse:
has made no progress with defensive schemes even with 4 days off :curse:
This team does not <b>Contest shots!!!!!!!!</b> and they show no signs of doing so :curse:

Sam was hired as a rookie coach - he has never coached on any level except as an assistant for 1 yr. and when I watch him coach I have to say - no sh1t!

I was furious leaving the ACC yesterday because James Bosh Jose and CV31 are giving their heart and soul out there and he is not furnishing them with a winning battle plan.

<b>How is it that Sam has played under Larry Brown?</b>
He has either no convictions about playing defense or is <b>totally inept</b> at carving out defensive schemes of any effectiveness. Either way Babs needs to recognize that every day he infects these young players with his lame coaching style is a day that the franchise goes backward and that these players loose confidence in themselves.

I have gone from sad to angry because there has not been a hint of improvement on the teams defense. Why should this be a throw away season? For all the good he does in loving up on players and winning their loyalty he and his staff are lost.

Jim Todd comes out after 1/2 time and has more questions then answers - the guy coached the clippers to one of their worst seasons ever. Fire his a$$ too.

Loosing is a disease and lottery picks is not the cure.

·
Registered
274 Posts
i say give him until the all-star break to turn things around...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Interesting post to say the least ...

Maybe fring Sam i a bit harsh, but I think you are right in some way.

I would do 2 things for this franchise :

1. Get rid of Jalen "The Black Hole" Rose at any cost ... get an expiring contract, or a servicable role player. Penny for Rose is looking more and more like a good thing everyday. Would give plyaing time to Eric Williams who would be a better leader for this young club.

2. Get a great X & O assistant for Sam ... Sam has a the right attitude and his a really good person to reach to players, but he ain't a good strategist. We need one assistant to draw plays and schemes.

Then if this doesn't help, I say fire his *** at the end of the season.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
Jalen must go, we have no chemistry with him he sucks as a leader he just cares about his stats.
We need a better defensive SG we can start Grahem and have a better SG come off he bench.

Go with the youth movement Villinueva & Grahem need as much as PT to fully adjust to the NBA, Attendence is still fairly good, Vilinueva, Grahem, Calderon & Bosh are the future they all need to develop good chemistry for the future.

I think we are like a 25-57 team with no changes.

draft wise if we dont get pick 1 then with our own pick best guy for us in the top 5 is PG daniel Gibson & with Denver's pick you take a SG [Ronnie Brewer, Adam Morrison, JJ Reddick]

Fa grab a real C

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
^ agreed, we need a better assistant coach

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Theberge43 said:

1. Get rid of Jalen "The Black Hole" Rose at any cost ... get an expiring contract, or a servicable role player. Penny for Rose is looking more and more like a good thing everyday. Would give plyaing time to Eric Williams who would be a better leader for this young club.

2. Get a great X & O assistant for Sam ... Sam has a the right attitude and his a really good person to reach to players, but he ain't a good strategist. We need one assistant to draw plays and schemes.

Both solid points. I'm interested to see what we can get for Rose. And I think that the day we ship him out is the day the franchise will begin to rise from the depths of the east.

As for an assistant for Sam, sadly in today's pro sports the head coach gets the brunt of the blame regardless of who he has around him. It was discussed on a previous thread, but we need someone who fits in the happy medium between Kevin O'Neil and Sam

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Theberge43 said:

I agree with the premise of this post. The Jalen factor is strange, however. Sam has stated numerous times that Jalen will be a part of our offense and that he likes his role on the team. I don't know how he'd react to a trade of him, and I think it's another example of his stubborn ways.

Should he get fired right now? Of course not. But we need to make changes (duh) and hey... the least Rob could do is try talking him into playing the young'ns more and Rose a bit less.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Think about this:

Compare the team this year to the team the year before last.

Which team is better suited to Kevin O'Neill, and which is better suited to Sam Mitchell?

Funny, isn't it?

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
speedythief said:
Think about this:

Compare the team this year to the team the year before last.

Which team is better suited to Kevin O'Neill, and which is better suited to Sam Mitchell?

Funny, isn't it?
nah, I still wouldn't want KO anywhere near this team. Mitchell's stubborn, but O'Neill's stubborn and stupid.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Budweiser_Boy said:
You're right charlz, lottery picks are not the cure. All we need are some magic beans and some way of convincing the basketball gods to send us every superstar in the league.
No what the Raps need is a tactician. I hybrid of Sam and Kevin O'neil. Sam is 1/2 a great coach but the 1/2 that his is missing is so exploitable.... he is lost in a game you can see it in his face and after games in his interview - he really does not know how to defend he is just guessing and getting angry at the wrong things.

I am not saying Sam is not trying I am saying he is not a tactician and I think he should step down or step aside into an assistant role - <b>The team will never be competative with him at the helm unless he employs a totaly new brand of defense that we have not seen yet. period.</b>

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
hahaha /\/\/\
you make it seem like Sam's D is the only thing that will keep this team from becoming competitive...unless this team can rebound, unless they can get tougher, unless they can 'up' their talent level, unless they can do a lot of things.

I think Sam is the problem, but i'd wait untill Bosh is sick of him and then fire him. it's bound to happen, if it is Sam's fault.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
**** Babcock, **** Jalen Rose, **** Sam Mitchel

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
shookem said:
hahaha /\/\/\
you make it seem like Sam's D is the only thing that will keep this team from becoming competitive...unless this team can rebound, unless they can get tougher, unless they can 'up' their talent level, unless they can do a lot of things.

I think Sam is the problem, but i'd wait untill Bosh is sick of him and then fire him. it's bound to happen, if it is Sam's fault.

I actually think that talent is there:
bosh
CV3
Graham
are very talented

James, calderon, Sow Peterson are effective players too.

Rebounding will come when the get a real center - but first and foremost this team needs to get over that hump in games but never can since the opposition scores so many easy hoops.

·
Registered
287 Posts
IF u guys watch football, Sam Mitchell is kind of like that coach from the New York Jets, hes a players coach , and players respect him and want to play for him.... however, HE NEEDS AN X AND O's GUY to help with the defensive schemes, when to employ the zone, when some1 is hot, to force feed them (although that doesnt take a genius, sam has showed that he cant be trusted to even do that).. Sam can motivate the guys, and the other coach can run the schemes and the plays

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
vigilante said:
Sam should stay. He's going through growing pains right now, along with the team. Give him time.
IMO, he had enough time to fix things but.......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts