Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the shooting % has to go up but that probably was nervousness from the players in thier first game. Diop had a good game getting 11 boards and 10 points. i find it funny that eventhough Eddy Curry had 21 points he only grabbed 3 boards. seems a little lazy to me. how about wagner not bad at all 7-15 for 15 points. free throws must improve also. the most important stat i saw in the game was the turnover stat we only gave the ball up 9 times that is very good. of all the games played yesterday we had the least amount of turnovers. just think qyntel woods had 7 turnovers alone. if i had to grade the first game i would say a solid B the cavs have one of the younger teams out their and by the looks of it, it will be a very good year.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
also

Phoenix had an early 21-0 lead, and Diop had 7 fouls in 25 minutes. It is gonna be a long, painful season, but hopefully we will see a lot of progress from DIop and Wagner, and more growth from Ricky (if he signs).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wins and losses don't really matter in summer league, player development is the real key this time of year. I think it's good to see if a player can bounce back from a bad game or if a player can maintain solid play throughout. These are the sort of things Cavs fans should be focusing on, and I'm sure you all are.

Wagner aka "Kid Dyno-mite" is a perfect example, after he lights it up for 35 in one game , fans should be keying in on how well he plays in the following game(i think he had 28 in the next game). They should also be watching Diop closely after his monster game(11 blocked shots).

I just hope they don't embarass the city on ESPN tomorrow!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts