Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nick Sheppard.

The leaves 5 players left with un-gaurnteed contracts-

Pargo
Guyton
Sobral
Rucker
Samake

Up to 3 of them could make the team, or as little as none. How would you rank them after 1 game? I feel Guyton and Samake have the upper hand because they have actual NBA experience.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
It's still too early to tell, but right now I say definiteley keep samake. It's a tossup for me between pargo and guyton. Pargo impressed the helloutta me on Tuesday. Could he be another Tony Parker?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jemel Irief</b>!
Nick Sheppard.

The leaves 5 players left with un-gaurnteed contracts-

Pargo
Guyton
Sobral
Rucker
Samake

Up to 3 of them could make the team, or as little as none. How would you rank them after 1 game? I feel Guyton and Samake have the upper hand because they have actual NBA experience.
I think Guyton, Samake will make the team..Pargo MIGHT.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Guyton, Sobral and Rucker won't make the team.

I hope Sobral will, but for some reason I don't see it happening. Pargo and Samake have very good chances of making the team.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
From the way Samake looked that night, they should consider keeping him around and hopefully he develops into a highly effective role player upfront. He has the ability to play low and rebound.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Why won't Guyton make the team? He has played in the NBA and has shown he can produce-Pargo hasn't. Oh and I like your new avatar <<< D >>> :rock:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Wilt_The_Stilt</b>!
Why won't Guyton make the team? He has played in the NBA and has shown he can produce-Pargo hasn't. Oh and I like your new avatar <<< D >>> :rock:

IMO - I think Guyton will make the team, He's been around and I'm sure it wil be just a matter of for him to get the system down, Didn't he play for the Bulls a few yrs ago?? He should have a feel for the triangle.....Yes, No, Maybe So :no:

About my Av.....Thanks Wilt.
I'll display my other ones soon ;)

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Yeah D that av is tight partner, Guyton and Samake would be my guess, and Pargo has to play well all preseason to get a real shot.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Why won't Guyton make the team? He has played in the NBA and has shown he can produce-Pargo hasn't.
:laugh: You're kidding right? When has Guyton shown he can produce? He hardly even played in that game and when he was in, he didn't do jack.

Pargo just proved he can produce...13points on some damn good shooting is good enough for me. And Phil trusted him enough to give him the last shot. If Pargo keeps it up, he'll make the roster.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!

:laugh: You're kidding right? When has Guyton shown he can produce? He hardly even played in that game and when he was in, he didn't do jack.

Pargo just proved he can produce...13points on some damn good shooting is good enough for me. And Phil trusted him enough to give him the last shot. If Pargo keeps it up, he'll make the roster.
YOU must be kidding-Guyton has already played in the Pros and shown he can produce-Pargo has only shown he can do OK in preseason-he still hasn't shown that he could play in a REAL NBA game.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Damian Necronamous</b>!

I'll take a year of pro experience over one marginally good preseason game...

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
he still hasn't shown that he could play in a REAL NBA game.
Neither has Guyton.

I'd take a player with good potential over a player who has some NBA experienced and hasn't produced anything to brag about.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Just to throw this out there; Guyton played well in limited minutes with the Chicago Bulls both years. I still remember him scoring 15 points in the 4th quarter of the Seattle game last year to bring the team back for a victory. The guy can play, but just hasn't been in the right situation. If he can benefit from double-teams on Shaq, Guyton should thrive on that open 3-pointer all season long. He is also a clutch performer, which should pay dividends in the playoffs.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I hope Pargo makes the team, Lakers need a quick PG if nothing then for quick D on guys like parker, bibby,

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KennethTo</b>!
I hope Pargo makes the team, Lakers need a quick PG if nothing then for quick D on guys like parker, bibby,
Well Bibby will be out for 6-8 weeks-so we shouldn't have to worry too much untill later :)

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pargo doesn't even seem that quick to me, Guyton seems quicker.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
sobral released

sobral was released on thursday, 10/17/02.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Re: sobral released

Originally posted by <b>naesdj</b>!
sobral was released on thursday, 10/17/02.
I already knew that by the morning, when I read my sports newspaper. Even he already knew that before, but he still got sad when Phill Jackson talked to him.
His expectations are in the next year.
He told to the newspaper that Shaq started to call him Brazil and he tried to teach Shaq to dance Samba, but Shaq was too big and only could shake his butt. :laugh:

:banana: :gbanana: :bbanana:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts