Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most coaches won't declare what team they want to face in the first round.

Phil Jackson isn't like most coaches. The Los Angeles Lakers coach told reporters Sunday that even though the Mavericks may be the best team in the Western Conference, he would rather face them because his team has played well against Dallas.

The Lakers took the season series against the Mavericks, 2-1. The Lakers went 1-3 against San Antonio and are 0-3 against Phoenix with one game remaining.

·
Star in the Making
4,739 Posts
I hope the Lakers face Dallas with Lakers being 8 and Dallas being 1 so that we would have a big upset :) and it could happen too.... but not if Dallas plays D and well we know Dirk is gonna be there... I dont know what am saying... I hope Lakers win

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
He said that 3 years ago, that they could elimniate hte Mavs, we did just as good against the Spurs if not better than the Lakers did in 2003. With a healthy Dirk we might have defeated the Spurs.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think if we played the Lakers we would be taken to 7 games and then obliterated by the Spurs in 5...if we play the Clips we beat them in 5 and are ready for the Spurs and beat them in 6...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.