Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although the Knicks are 1-5, us Knick fans can certainly take quite a few positives out of our slow start. This year will most certainly be a trying time, but its truly a transitional year for our young guys to adjust to the league and the strict demands of a superior coach. The Knicks have not had this much young talent in a long time, and the future looks bright. Heres some positives, you guys continue on:

-Trevor Ariza
Walt Clyde Frazier said it best Sunday night vs the Kings, " If Ariza gets that mid range jump shot down he is well on his way to being an all star." By far our most active player, Ariza has given fits to some of the leagues best scorers and continues to improve on the offensive end. All of this at the age of 20!

-Channing Frye
Before the draft the knock on Frye was he was too soft. After the Knicks drafted him, the knock remained persistent. Once the summer league came, he was racking up foul after foul and nobody knew what to say. Finally the season has arrived and guess what? Frye is a future all star with a super sweet mid range game that takes the pressure off of losing Kurt Thomas. Frye by no means has shown to be soft, which is good news for us as he continually improves and drops them buckets.

There are more positives to this slow start, I wont go on for days, list what you guys think are some...

·
Registered
480 Posts
i think channing frye is a twin of a blocking kurt thomas and will be better

·
Registered
998 Posts
Yeah I can't wait untill next year when he really develops his game over the summer.

Frye has that nice jumper.

Yeah I stayed up all late to make sure we won lol they cut the lead to 6 but we held on.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
KVIP112 said:
i think channing frye is a twin of a blocking kurt thomas and will be better
KT in his wildest dreams cant do what Frye can as a rookie...Frye has better range,hops,blocks shots and has a post game...not to mention athleticism...Frye is Duncan-lite :clap:

·
Registered
173 Posts
truth said:
KT in his wildest dreams cant do what Frye can as a rookie...Frye has better range,hops,blocks shots and has a post game...not to mention athleticism...Frye is Duncan-lite :clap:
"Fundemental II"

·
Registered
10 Posts
ChosenFEW said:
kurt thomas's avg with the suns so far.......

9.5 ppg
5.7 rpg

looks kind of disappointing.....i know the suns were not expecting that out of him...
He's rebounding numbers should be a lot better (compared to the 10 rpg last season). How would these numbers be if Amare was still standing ?

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
the truly sad thing is kurt is the only guy IT has traded who currently starts for his team.

maybe IT jinxes them, throws black cats in their paths or practices voodoo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts