Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW YORK, Feb. 4 –- Four teams, each comprised of an NBA player, WNBA player and NBA legend, will compete in the inaugural RadioShack Shooting Stars competition, to be held on NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by America Online, Feb. 14 at STAPLES Center.

The star-studded field of 12 will be divided into four teams: Detroit Pistons, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers and San Antonio Spurs.

The Detroit team will consist of Pistons guard Chauncey Billups, Detroit Shock forward and 2003 WNBA Rookie of the Year Cheryl Ford, and four-time NBA champion and NBA legend John Salley.

The Los Angeles Clippers team will be represented by Clippers guard Marko Jaric, Sparks guard Nikki Teasley and NBA legend Terry Cummings.

Representing the Los Angeles Lakers team Lakers guard Derek Fisher, three-time WNBA All-Star MVP and Los Angeles Sparks center Lisa Leslie and Lakers legend Magic Johnson.

The San Antonio Spurs team will consist of Spurs guard Manu Ginobili, recently retired San Antonio Silver Stars guard Jennifer Azzi and NBA legend and TNT analyst Steve Kerr.

The RadioShack Shooting Stars will be broadcast live nationally as part of the NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by America Online and will also feature the Sprite Rising Stars Slam Dunk, 989 Sports Skills Challenge and the Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout. TNT and ESPN Radio will begin their national coverage at 8 p.m. ET from STAPLES Center.

More

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
I pick the Spurs team, Kerr and Manu played together just last yr :D

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Why is that Fish particapates in this thing every year? And why is the term legend used to describe Steve Kerr and John Salley?

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why does it have to be Fish? What about George or Rush and I dont know on the last part of your ? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
With the way that Fish has been shooting lately, I would not have put him in thast contest. Hell, Medvedenko would do better. Kobe, shooting left handed from the half court would do better. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>Sean</b>!
With the way that Fish has been shooting lately, I would not have put him in thast contest. Hell, Medvedenko would do better. Kobe, shooting left handed from the half court would do better. :laugh:
:rofl: So true

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sean</b>!
With the way that Fish has been shooting lately, I would not have put him in thast contest... Kobe, shooting left handed from the half court would do better. :laugh:
Ouch.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I think Lisa Leslie will be more valuable to this team than Fisher. She'll be heavily relied on to clean up all the bricks Fish puts up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts