1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Murray is a 3 , Fizer is a 4 .

They are both pure scorer types

We got plenty of coverage at the 4 , but are light on at the 3

Lamond averaged 16 and 5 last year on 43% 3 point shooting .

Not a great defender though but neither is Fizer

So.....

Chicago gets

Lamond Murray, Chris Mihm

Chicago gives up

Marcus Fizer, Dalibor Bagaric , Fred Hoiberg, Norm Richardson ( resigned to league minimum to make trade work

Why for the Cavs

Balances them out at the 3 with Miles and Jones and at the 4 with Fizer and Hill

They still have 2 projects at center with Dali and Diop and with the unreliable health status of Z , Hill would probably need to fill time there

Jones is versatile though and can cover some 4 when they go small

Hoiberg gives them a vet and an ending contract at the 2 guard spot

Fizer finally gets his chance with big minutes in a starters role

Why for Chi

We won't lose Fizer's rebounding or scoring punch with Lamond Murray who makes us deeper at the 3 and who can shoot the 3 . We need shooters. He has a post up game and can score on the block too.

I like Mihm . He is not a good passer which is the real reason why Jerry didnt draft him ( I think the soft tag he got labelled with on the Jamal Magliore workout was a beatup )

Whenever I have seen him play in the pros he is an above average defender who will put a body on his man and play him hard and he does have good shotblocking skills. He is an above average rebounder too.

In short, I think Mihm would be the perfect guy to back up at both the center and power forward spots

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
I tend to disagree with Mihm being even a decent backup.

Plus, I think that they LOVE Murray in Cleveland... they have a lot of confidence in him as a player to lead the team to the next stage. I've read on several occasions Lucas saying that Murray has superstar potential, that Murray is a key to the team, etc etc.

Thus, I don't think they are too willing to give him up.

Finally, Mihm would come only to backup Curry, and though he'd be an upgrade over Bags, the difference would be only a little bit more than negligible. Were I Cartwright, I'd give more backup PF minutes to Baxter than Mihm, so that's no good either.

It's not a bad idea, honestly, but I personally wouldn't like it.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From Hoopsworld.com

MURRAY SENDS A FAX
Cavs forward Lamond Murray in response to rumors and questions about his future in Cleveland made his view fairly clear in a released statement saying "To whom it may concern: I'm glad I had the opportunity to work for Mr. Gund. I tried my best to fulfill my obligations to the team and to the city. I've kept my professionalism up until this point, but every year we keep rebuilding a house on no foundation. Ask yourself, how many promises would you keep believing, if you were leading the team with scoring, and your family and fans can't even purchase your jersey from the team store? The question from the beginning has been, and still is, `What is my role?' Play me or trade me. Murray also indicated to media that he would not be opposed to a trade, and that may be the best thing for him indicating "I can't take too much of this rebuilding… It's the same thing over and over again. It's hard to stay focused anymore. It's hard to have a positive attitude when it's the same thing. Everybody would like to go to a contender. You just don't get your choice. I'm here just providing a service, and they'll decide if they want my service." The Cavs would not comment to media on Murray’s obvious displeasure with the team. Some have suggested the writing is on the wall with the addition of Darius Miles, that Murray will have a reduced role next year, if he remains a Cav. The Cavs have been trying to move his remaining 4-year contract to the Spurs who really want nothing to do with that deal.

IN RELATED: In response to Murray's jersey comments, Chris Tomasson of the Beacon Journal quotes Ed Markey, Cavs vice president of communications, saying "Aramark runs the team shop, not the Cavs. They make decisions on what to carry and on what things are new and different and hot when it comes to jerseys." The Cavs jerseys can be purchased online from the NBA, and all of the notables from the Cavs roster can be purchased including Murray.

Also , Mihm averaged 5.5 boards and 1.2 blocks in just over 20 minutes of action last season ( and 7.7 ppg ) He is a significant improvement over Dali - not as big but quicker and more athletic. The guy could be our Scot Pollard type. Even though he has a crappy FG conversion record for a big man at 42% , he would not be acquired for his offense anyway. He is a good candidate for a big man reserve defender

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Oh yeah...

Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!
From Hoopsworld.com

MURRAY SENDS A FAX
Cavs forward Lamond Murray in response to rumors and questions about his future in Cleveland made his view fairly clear in a released statement saying "To whom it may concern: I'm glad I had the opportunity to work for Mr. Gund. I tried my best to fulfill my obligations to the team and to the city. I've kept my professionalism up until this point, but every year we keep rebuilding a house on no foundation. Ask yourself, how many promises would you keep believing, if you were leading the team with scoring, and your family and fans can't even purchase your jersey from the team store? The question from the beginning has been, and still is, `What is my role?' Play me or trade me. Murray also indicated to media that he would not be opposed to a trade, and that may be the best thing for him indicating "I can't take too much of this rebuilding… It's the same thing over and over again. It's hard to stay focused anymore. It's hard to have a positive attitude when it's the same thing. Everybody would like to go to a contender. You just don't get your choice. I'm here just providing a service, and they'll decide if they want my service." The Cavs would not comment to media on Murray’s obvious displeasure with the team. Some have suggested the writing is on the wall with the addition of Darius Miles, that Murray will have a reduced role next year, if he remains a Cav. The Cavs have been trying to move his remaining 4-year contract to the Spurs who really want nothing to do with that deal.

IN RELATED: In response to Murray's jersey comments, Chris Tomasson of the Beacon Journal quotes Ed Markey, Cavs vice president of communications, saying "Aramark runs the team shop, not the Cavs. They make decisions on what to carry and on what things are new and different and hot when it comes to jerseys." The Cavs jerseys can be purchased online from the NBA, and all of the notables from the Cavs roster can be purchased including Murray.

Also , Mihm averaged 5.5 boards and 1.2 blocks in just over 20 minutes of action last season ( and 7.7 ppg ) He is a significant improvement over Dali - not as big but quicker and more athletic. The guy could be our Scot Pollard type. Even though he has a crappy FG conversion record for a big man at 42% , he would not be acquired for his offense anyway. He is a good candidate for a big man reserve defender
OH yeah, I think giving up of those players plus obtaining MIHM AND murray would be a VAST improvement in our bench in two positions we are very needful. I like it.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
We would have to give up Crawford in order to get Mihm and Murray.

Actually, San Antonio and Cleveland were talking along the lines of Mihm (Cleveland doesn't want to give him up) or Murray (Cleveland wants him out of there) for Antonio Daniels.

IE, they want a bigger point guard. Now personally, I think Fizer for either Mihm or Murray is about an even swap, but not for both of them.

Bagaric doesn't add much to the trade, I think, and Hoiberg and Richardson add even less. Unless the Cavs are just looking to dump Murray for nothing, I can't see them doing this deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts