Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this isnt the first time it's been mentioned but the strength of conferences looks a little more drastic than possibly expected. Still super early in the season but when you look at playoff hopefuls for both it resembles last year, but opposite. Last year in the east the Bulls got the 4th seed but were only a handful of games in front of the 9th seed. In the west it was a battle for the last 2 spots and after the 9th or 10th team there was a steep dropoff. Looking at the early standings in the west you have Spurs, Dallas, but after that what teams are locks for the playoffs, which teams are gonna win 50 games no question. Alot of solid competition,no doubt, in the west but not the 1-6 strong hold of the last 3 years. On the flip side you have Detroit, Indiana, Miami, Cleveland- all complete teams with loads of talent with Washington, New Jersey not too far behind. This leaves teams like the Bucks, Bulls, Sixers even Boston and possibly orlando fighting for essentially 2 spots and after that a dramatic drop with the Raptors, Hawks, Knicks, Bobcats pulling up the rear.

Injuries play a role- Amare, Shaq, Hill, Tmac. All this though leads to a season full of meaningful games and edge of your seat excitement.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've gotta admit that the East looks as strong, if not stronger than the West as it stands right now. Pacers, Heat, Pistons, Bulls, Wizards, Bucks, Cavs all looking like they could be very good.

·
We Just Wanna Chill
12,088 Posts
i hope it keeps up, cuz i hate to hear how great teams like pacers and pistons have been for awhile, benefit for playing in the Eastern Conference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts