Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing with 4 Million without electricity, most of you are/have been unable to post, and even if you could --- posting is the very last thing on your mind.

However, it would be kind if you would let us know how you are. Our prayers are with you and your family, and it seems that you must prepare for even more.

Remember, we discuss more than basketball here and are available if you need us.

If anyone that knows some of our Floridian posters can provide an update on them, that would also be a kind gesture.

Godspeed!!!!

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
I know most of Miami and Ft. Lauderdale south, has power and is doing pretty good...

I've spoken to Takeit2dahouse, Heatlunatic and Seven

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
i dont have power as of now. Im at my cousins house using her computer. Ive been without for a while now

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Things are fine n' dandy at FSU right now.

Oh, damn... last night I witnessed a tree come within mere feet of falling on my car in the parking lot. I was going to move it to a better spot before hand but figured the winds wouldn't pick up until later. I was just lucky it didnt fall on me on the way out to my car. Just 30 seconds removed from that happening.

My heart skipped a few beats when I saw that tree go down.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
In Gainesville at UF, no school until Wednesday. I have had a six day weekend. Amd theres reports of another Hurricane coming next week, luckily the worst I have had is branches and big winds, still have power.

·
Registered
169 Posts
my sister goes to UF and she said they had tornado warning all night and they also had a curfew b/c some kid was out (near a tree)and a tree fell on him and killed him. so gainseville police dont play up dar.

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Takeit2dahouse00</b>!
I'm in Miami.. Alot of wind.. Alot of rain.. But no power loss thank God..

Time to get ready for Ivan
Same here. Nothing really happened down in Miami, just some scattered rain.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Charlotte_______</b>!
In Gainesville at UF, no school until Wednesday. I have had a six day weekend. Amd theres reports of another Hurricane coming next week, luckily the worst I have had is branches and big winds, still have power.
I'm in Gainesville right now too. The weather been too bad to go out for the last couple of days so I've had nothing better to do but post here.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I live like a block from Baptist Hosptial (east kendall), and pretty much nothing here. Some rain squalls, and some winds, but thats it.

The powers flickered a few times, but nothing.

5 day weekend was terrible, sooo boring.

Im praying Ivan doesn't hit now.

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigWill33176</b>!
I live like a block from Baptist Hosptial (east kendall), and pretty much nothing here. Some rain squalls, and some winds, but thats it.

The powers flickered a few times, but nothing.

5 day weekend was terrible, sooo boring.

Im praying Ivan doesn't hit now.
Yea I live in Kendall too. Boring as ****.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
i just got my power back

:bbanana:

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey smak u go to sunset since u live in kendall?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Up near NW Dade county in the Miami Lakes area. Lots of wind, rain and Chivas Regal the last few days...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I live in west broward and we got hit relatively bad when compared to Miami. We got some somewhat strong winds and lots of rain. Two trees were knocked over and multiple branches fell. Power was out for two days. We got nothing compared to Palm Beach though and of course the Bahamas who got the worst. I do know that mostly all of Palm Beach was out of electricity and they got messed up the worst in Florida.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good News ...

Good to know that those of you signing in have made it through relatively safe. Thanks for letting us all know.

I hope the same holds true for the others.

Someone posted that they got through with some Jack Daniels --- I say, that sounds like it was a good plan. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts