Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
CatchNRelease said:
HAPPY VETERANS' DAY to you and to your families!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

:clap: :clap::clap:

Go Blazers
Mucho appreciado from me too (even if I spelled that wrong).

btw, the best birthdays are the ones on days like today..no excuses for forgetting!

Happy Birthday Jonathan Winters!

·
Banned
2,398 Posts
I heard a rumor on the radio today that Golden Corral is providing dinner free to veterans (must have some sort of proof) on Monday.

This is unsubstantiated rumor I heard on the radio but in the case that it is correct, thought I'd pass it on.

Gramps...

·
Registered
568 Posts
CatchNRelease said:

Go Blazers

CatchNRelease said:

Go Blazers
CatchNRelease said:

Go Blazers

I second this....multiple times. I don't think this can be emphasized enough.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Yes, thank you guys and gals.

Escpecially you, Scout226! :wave:

PBF

·
Registered
922 Posts
Thank all of you who have served our country. We all should thank you every day when we wake up.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Thank you all I will pass along the word to everyone here on base. And yes Golden Corral does free meals today. Good luck getting in the door it is always crazy here.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Missed this thread yesterday, so will add to it today....

My sincere and heartfelt thanks to all of you veterans, also. Freedom is never a given, but must be bought and continually paid for in order to protect it. May we never take it for granted or view those sacrifices lightly. Hugs to you all from CFFI.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
thank you and your welcome

I served for 4 years for a while i got rid of some nasty weapons to make the world a better place .

lets we dont have too many more wars.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got to say that seeing a measly 12 replies to this thread is **** ing pathetic. What is it, folks, you don't support our troops, or don't have 30 seconds to show some apreciation for the people that have/are putting everything on the line for your country, or WTF? :nonono:

Show a little **** ing respect.

Go Blazers

(And no, I'm not a vet, nor is anyone in my family, that's still living.)

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I wouldn't be so quick to judge based upon response to an OT thread on a BB forum, Catch.

There are many ways to show appreciation. One might argue that a post like your last one is rather unlikely to elicit very many more grateful responses to our vets. It sounded like you were trying to shame people into posting.

That aside, however, I appreciated you starting this thread and giving me an opportunity to say thanks to those vets who frequent our board. :)

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
I must say that we need to praise and give thanks to War veterans of the past and the present. The country is in a war that many of us believe we do not belong in and I agree with that. Many of the troops over there agree with that as well but they are honorable individuals who fight for us over in Iraq dispite there opinions. These men and women deserve to be comended daily.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Crazy Fan From Idaho said:
I wouldn't be so quick to judge based upon response to an OT thread on a BB forum, Catch.

There are many ways to show appreciation. One might argue that a post like your last one is rather unlikely to elicit very many more grateful responses to our vets. It sounded like you were trying to shame people into posting.

That aside, however, I appreciated you starting this thread and giving me an opportunity to say thanks to those vets who frequent our board. :)
Hi CFFI,

I wasn't really trying to shame anyone into posting to this thread now, as veterans day has come and gone. I stewed over whether to post my rant, and decided that I was going to vent. There were over 30 posters here at different times after the game last night. I would image that nearly everone on this forum has a family member that has served, or is serving, his country. And, those that don't have any vererans in their family should be damned grateful of those that do. It's beyond me why they wouldn't be looking for a way to thank them for what they did/are doing.

I mean no disrespect to you at all, CCFI...this just really hacked me off.

Go Blazers

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Yesterday was a special Veteran's Day for me. Both of my grandfathers passed on this year, so this was my first Veteran's Day without them. Both fought in WWII, and one also fought in Korea. I miss them, and I thank them.

PBF

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
CatchNRelease said:
I would image that nearly everone on this forum has a family member that has served, or is serving, his country. And, those that don't have any vererans in their family should be damned grateful of those that do. It's beyond me why they wouldn't be looking for a way to thank them for what they did/are doing.
Maybe they found more meaningful ways to thank them than posting an anonymous message on a basketball discussion site? Perhaps that's farfetched, but it seems possible.

barfo

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
barfo said:
Maybe they found more meaningful ways to thank them than posting an anonymous message on a basketball discussion site? Perhaps that's farfetched, but it seems possible.
barfo
I hope your right barfo. But I'm not sure what more meaningful way they may have used to honor their follow anonymous posters here that are serving in the middle east, and those that have served in the past.

Go Blazers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts