Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously and this is a good thing. Skiles reminds me exactly of Herb Brooks. A tactician, willing to accept the losses, but only with superior teamwork and effort. The only concern is these aren't kids playing for their country, but kids playing for an NBA team. Skiles will need to tone the Brooks approach down, but I think it's a vital coaching method that very well might work with this team. I was always of the opinion that a hard-worker like Brand would have helped the development of Curry and Crawford because they wouldn't have been goofing off and Rose would have been the perfect #2 option, but it wasn't meant to be. Now with Skiles we have the disciplanarian who even on a night when Curry drop 23 points and 7 boards gets chewed out for lack of effort on defense.

Skiles should honestly show Crawford + Curry some tapes of the 92-94 Magic, and it seems we should be building the same way that team was built. If Crawford = Penny and Curry = Shaq, we need a Horace Grant, Nick Anderson, Dennis Scott, Donald Royal, Tree Rollins, Darrell Armstrong, and such. The question is the role players and whether Curry and Crawford will realize this potential. If they do and we get the right role players then we are looking at a similar success rate.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Originally posted by <b>T.Shock</b>!
If Crawford = Penny and Curry = Shaq

:laugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts