Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is something to think about.... I am new to this site, but i have read many threads, and i think this is something people fail to realize... People always say how Kobe would suck without shaq, and that the Lakers would suck without shaq, and how they would not win the championship without shaq, and that is their reason for kobe being overrated... Well think about this... would the Lakers win the championship without Kobe... I dont think so. 25, 5, 5 out of your lineup. The Lakers without Kobe are an okay team, but still would not win the championship. Latezzz:grinning: :D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Title edited. Please don't call members of the board names just because they have a different opinion than yours. :rolleyes:

Welcome to basketballboards.net.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
The Fakers without Kobe are okay,but the Fakers without Shaq would be the WORST team in the league!:yes:

Kobe - Shaq = SUCKAAAAAAAAAA!!!:laugh::devil:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Please God, not another is Kobe Bryant overrated thread. Some people think he is overrated. Others do not. PERIOD. It's not like there's a "right answer" here.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Thank you. It seems like there is another thread about this topic every time I look at this forum. There should be a notice for new members that says, "Don't write any threads saying Kobe Bryant is overrated or saying Kobe Bryant isn't overrated".:yes:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by The X Factor
Thank you. It seems like there is another thread about this topic every time I look at this forum. There should be a notice for new members that says, "Don't write any threads saying Kobe Bryant is overrated or saying Kobe Bryant isn't overrated".:yes:
Heh, that actually might be a good idea! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
X

Kobe gets so much ink because he is that good. I don't mind reading all the crap that's spewed out sometimes. Why do people boo Barry Bonds outside of Giants stadium ? ;)

"Don't worry Kid, they boo you 'cuz they can't have you" - Don Nelson after allstar game in Phila.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by Pinball
Damn maybe you guys should consider having a Kobe Bryant forum.
Maybe so. Kobe always seems to be the damn topic of discussion on this board as well as others. I don't know whose worse the haters or the homers.:sigh:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by DP
X

Kobe gets so much ink because he is that good. I don't mind reading all the crap that's spewed out sometimes. Why do people boo Barry Bonds outside of Giants stadium ? ;)

"Don't worry Kid, they boo you 'cuz they can't have you" - Don Nelson after allstar game in Phila.
He's just controversial. "Kobe haters" or whatever say that Bryant's success is because of O'Neal. "Kobe lovers" say his success is in spite of O'Neal. There's no way of knowing for sure, so he gets lots of hype.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by Wiggum
He's just controversial.
Ivy is epitome of "controversial". how many threads are dedicated to him ? how many threads turn into Ivy threads ?

"Kobe haters" or whatever say that Bryant's success is because of O'Neal. "Kobe lovers" say his success is in spite of O'Neal. There's no way of knowing for sure, so he gets lots of hype.

Even "haters" know how talented Kobe is. Lakers are on national TV more than any team. They see it. They just refuse to admit it. It's cool, though. I would probably hate him too if he kept sticking a "dagger" into hearts of my team and it's fans.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DP</b>!
X

I said that there should be a notice that says "Don't write any threads saying Kobe Bryant IS overrated OR saying Kobe Bryant ISN'T overrated."

I didn't just say, "Don't write any threads saying Kobe Bryant IS overrated."

I'm not whining, I guess you just didn't read my post right.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HEATLUNATIC</b>!
The Fakers without Kobe are okay,but the Fakers without Shaq would be the WORST team in the league!:yes:

Kobe - Shaq = SUCKAAAAAAAAAA!!!:laugh::devil:

Fakers???.......What are they FAKIN???

Ain't NO Fakin in Kobe's Game that's for sure
I'm sure you could've added your opinions onto the other recent/previous threads on Kobe, but it's all good!!! Kobe is the shiz-nittz!!!........You've seen it & Ya know it, Action speaks louder than words and I ain't FAKIN that
C-ya on the boards!!!
;) :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Kobe
- Won 3 rings
- age 23, many more years left
- Was pick to be in the US team but turn it down due to getting married
- All star game mvp
- Almost broke the all star points record
- So close on breaking the all time laker 1st half points with 34.
- career high game 56, could have put up over 60 or 70 points if he played th 4th.
- look at the stats from playoff games... even when he is sick he put up 27.1 ppg
- nba dunk contest winner
- put up 30 points in the rookie game.

Overrated huh?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am just sick f some things,Kobe and his arrogance!!!

The story behind the unfair accusation towards the best basketball player in the league:

I found it really ridiculous when fans and some people of the media say that Kobe Bryant is arrogant. What’s even more ridiculous is that he seems to be the only one in the whole league.

Tracy McGrady said that he was the best player in the league, that the Magic were going to win more than 60 games last season, that he was going to win a championship for Ewing (when he doesn’t even have one for himself) and several other things. Nobody says anything about “T-Mac.”

Then you have Allen Iverson saying that he doesn’t need to go to practice in his famous “practice conference” and he said millions of times that he is the best, the MVP of the league.

Those are only TWO examples of players who are always saying how good they are.

My question is: Did you ever hear Kobe saying those types of things?

I heard him saying that he wanted to become the best player that he could be and that he wants to learn and improve every year to become a better basketball player.

But no matter what every non-Kobe fan excuse for disliking him is that “Kobe is TOO ARROGANT.”

(Not to mention the “Kobe is good because he has Shaq. Without him he’s just an average player,” dilemma.)

Many of those fans say that everything started when Kobe did the press conference announcing that he wanted to enter to the league and said “I’m going to take my talents to the NBA.” They said that they didn’t like his attitude with the sunglasses over his head.

That’s completely absurd. When Kobe entered to the league most of the fans around the NBA liked him. They saw a young guy with a lot of talent and that’s why they voted him as a starter in the ’98 All Star Game.

The “haters” started to appear when Kobe started to win championships. They hated when he went to their court and killed them with clutch shots and brilliant performances.

They may not like Iverson, McGrady and other guards, but they will say that they are great players. When they have to say something about Kobe they will say that he’s very good, but arrogant as hell. This occurs with every non-Kobe fan, (unbelievable there’re Lakers fans that do not stand him) and he’s the only player that (ignorant) fans don’t stand for his personality.

That’s a product of the “friendly media” (Phil Jackson’s fake comment about Kobe sabotaging high school games didn’t help either) that portrays Kobe like that and prefer to promote players like Kidd, McGrady, Iverson and Pierce before giving any credit to Kobe. The other day a writer for Miami said that Kobe’s a GOOD player but he’s in the same category as Shariff Abdur-Rahim and that “Reef” is probably better because he’s not arrogant.

I didn’t have the chance to meet Kobe (hopefully one day I will) but my brother did and he told me that he’s great. Kobe took a picture with him despite the fact that he was having flu and was feeling horrible. Also, like a month ago, I read an article about Kobe and it said that all of the older people that know him refer to him as a “son”.

Another thing that is important to say is that Kobe is not like everyone else. He was raised in a different culture, miles away from his native city of Philadelphia, in Italy where the family is the priority. He grew up around soccer, not baseball, that’s why he says that he doesn’t like that sport. His family was in a great economic situation and they lived in the suburbs of Philly. His position was not well received by his fellow state citizens who felt as if he wasn’t one of their own and booed him after a brilliant performance in the 2002 All Star Game where he received the MVP award.

The reality about all this is that those fans know the truth, they just don’t want to admit it, they won’t say it but they would love to have Kobe playing in their team, they would love to see him doing all the damage that he does against the other teams and not their own, and they would never say a word about his “arrogance,” like they do now.

Some ignorant fans are not the world. I’m from Croatia, Europe and I’m a huge fan of Kobe Bryant. People in different parts of the world are wearing his jersey right now and you may not even be thinking about it.

No matter what fans and the media say or do, Kobe will keep being the most recognized and loved basketball player worldwide besides Jordan and the Lakers fans must be thankful for having Kobe on their side.
:upset:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Re: I am just sick f some things,Kobe and his arrogance!!!

Originally posted by <b>Kobeshaq0834</b>!
They may not like Iverson, McGrady and other guards, but they will say that they are great players. When they have to say something about Kobe they will say that he’s very good, but arrogant as hell. This occurs with every non-Kobe fan, (unbelievable there’re Lakers fans that do not stand him) and he’s the only player that (ignorant) fans don’t stand for his personality.
O...K...

Nobody here is saying that Kobe Bryant isn't a great player...some people just don't like him. I don't like Kobe Bryant personally. That doesn't make me ignorant. Come on...have some respect for other people's opinions. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
920 Posts
After the Kobe - Reggie fight, Kobe said
I don't argue with fools. Especially ones that think they are better than me. When in reality they are just punks with no game.

Are you going to tell me that isn't arrogant?

I have no problem with Kobe as a player, but some people overrate him greatly. He is a top 10 player, but he is not the best shooting guard. Bottom Line.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
the bulls swept the lakers without shaq, nuff said

1 - 20 of 25 Posts