Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dr. G was interviewed at halftime of the FU/UR game last night. although he was very complimentary of the Rams and especially Dunston, he did stress that they shot lights out (65%) when the Exlplorers play at RHG. He said it would be tough for them to duplicate that kind of effort. I wish I could take something negative out of it, but he was dead on.

So I'll have to spin it in another way. Basically he said the Rams were lucky to win and they needed to shoot 65% to do it. There isn't a snowballs chance in Hell that they could do it again and therefore they don't have a chance tonight. That basstard - Go Rams.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
J92,

I think you are reading too much into Coach G's interview. When you shoot 65% you are going to win most games. I was up at Rose Hill for the game and LaSalle didn't do a very good job guarding the perimeter. I suspect that will be a focus tonight.

I personally would let Dunston get his and focus on Anderson, Stout, and I can't believe I am saying this, McCrae.

One thing is clear. LaSalle won't score 37 like Richmond did. Fordham is going to have to play better to win the game than last night.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mik said:
J92,

I think you are reading too much into Coach G's interview. When you shoot 65% you are going to win most games. I was up at Rose Hill for the game and LaSalle didn't do a very good job guarding the perimeter. I suspect that will be a focus tonight.

I personally would let Dunston get his and focus on Anderson, Stout, and I can't believe I am saying this, McCrae.

One thing is clear. LaSalle won't score 37 like Richmond did. Fordham is going to have to play better to win the game than last night.

Mik -

I was clearly grasping to spin his comments in any way that would be good bulletin board material. I clearly agreed with his comments - and yours for that matter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,738 Posts
Fordham was definitely energized for Senior night that game they beat La Salle.

In addition to shooting the lights out the Rams were aided greatly by an officiating crew that allowed Dunston and Jermaine Anderson to get away with at least 6 combined traveling violations that led to at least 13 points. I just hope not to see any of those same officials in this contest.

It should be an entertaining contest. I look for Darnell Harris and Tabby Cunningham to have good games.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ExplorerSteve said:
Fordham was definitely energized for Senior night that game they beat La Salle.

In addition to shooting the lights out the Rams were aided greatly by an officiating crew that allowed Dunston and Jermaine Anderson to get away with at least 6 combined traveling violations that led to at least 13 points. I just hope not to see any of those same officials in this contest.

It should be an entertaining contest. I look for Darnell Harris and Tabby Cunningham to have good games.
ES you are exactly right! The officials totally gave that game to Fordham. I think it was more like 20 points given to the Rams by bad calls and mysteriously there was not one bad call that went LaSalle's way.

Give me a friggin break you complete dolt!!! Sour grapes that's all that is. You got beaten by a team that shot lights out. Accept it and move on. A bigger man would, just like I would be more than willing to congratulate a classy LaSalle fan IF you win tonight. As for the first meeting, with the exception of an early second half run, you were never in the game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
J92 said:
Dr. G was interviewed at halftime of the FU/UR game last night. although he was very complimentary of the Rams and especially Dunston, he did stress that they shot lights out (65%) when the Exlplorers play at RHG. He said it would be tough for them to duplicate that kind of effort. I wish I could take something negative out of it, but he was dead on.
QUOTE]

There must not be any lights left in USBank Arena tonight. Another blowout in the making?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rams by 12 at the half. I can hear Explorer Steve saying that LaSalle would be up by 2 if it weren't for the refs.

The key for Fordham will be the next 5 minutes. This is usually where the Rams come out flat and let their opponent back into the game. If Fordham can come out strong then victory should be well within their grasp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,245 Posts
I want to see a quadruple ot win for the Rams, 131-130.

I'd like the game to get interrupted by a power failure caused by a pigeon flying into a transformer, forcing it to go until 2:30am.

I'd like to see all the Rams starters play at least 50 minutes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,738 Posts
Hey J92, i got two words for you. This is not your year.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blue Dog said:
No worries about the start to the half J92. 46-32 Rams.

Me likey what I see so far. Now Stout getting hot. Forgot to mention how freshman Chris Bethel finally got involved in a game. Fordham fans have been yelling all season at Whit to give the kid valuable minutes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ExplorerSteve said:
Hey J92, i got two words for you. This is not your year.

I got one - SCOREBOARD!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,738 Posts
Don't be surprised if the Explorers pull this one out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,738 Posts
Yep, John Hughes again. At least J Anderson got his 4th.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top