Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,584 Posts
I chose this university because of its historic and intimidating gym.

Now that's pretty funny.

· Registered
1,584 Posts
bigmike06 said:
Hey DC Muskie, were you laughing the last time X came to RHG and proceeded to LOSE?
Yeah, that one time when we lost there in about 10 trips where you scored as the buzzer was going off and all 14 of your fans went crazy. Yeah I was laughing at how sad we played. Tell me again how many times you have beaten us in 10 years? I thought so.

Please, the kid made a comment about attending a school because of it's arena. That's pretty funny. Its even funnier when the kid is talking about Fordham of all places.

· Registered
4 Posts
Make fun of Fordham all you want...when you root for a school with the recent athletic history of FU, you tend to have pretty thick skin...but mocking an 18 year old kid for supporting his school? C'mon, you're better than that. Give the kid some credit for trying.

· Registered
111 Posts
DC Muskie said:
Please, the kid made a comment about attending a school because of it's arena. That's pretty funny. Its even funnier when the kid is talking about Fordham of all places.
Sure. Since he goes to Fordham, though, the kid knows to write "its arena" instead of "it's [sic] arena" and "it's even funnier" rather than "its [sic] even funnier."

Yea, I know, it's a jerkoff move to correct someone's grammar, but an exception is allowed when the poster is being a tool.

Leave the kid alone.

· Registered
1,584 Posts
Talk about thick skin! I'm sorry to all my Fordham brothers if I found a statement about why he chose to attend a school to be funny. Then the grammar police come to the rescue. Lighten up fellas, holy crap.

Would it make you feel better that I liken that statement to someone who decided to attend Xavier "because of the hot women and how little clothes they wear."

Joe, I assume you will correct any grammatical errors in the post to show how much more smarter Fordham fans is.

I hope the 18 year Fordham fan can survive me laughing at the statement. Good luck to him.

Freaking babies.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will admit that DC Muskie's original reply bothered me b/c this was a feel good piece and I think it should have been left at that, but I did not reply back b/c I think that often if a joke hurts it is b/c there is some truth to it. If you really stop and think about it, a kid going to Fordham b/c of the gym or the tradition is a bit funny. I suspect that Marc either has family that when to FU or he just embellished things for the contest. Makes for better fodder, although it does open you up to ridicule by the simple minded.

· Registered
111 Posts
It's not a question of being thin skinned, or that the comment hurt. The comment was not directed at me, so what do I care?

But an adult who mocks a college kid for having pride in his school is just sad. Only one poster here felt the need to mock the kid -- and that one poster ironically calls us "babies."

I bet DC Muskie thought those Chelsea Clinton jokes from the mid-90s were hysterical.

· Registered
1,584 Posts
JoltinJoe said:
It's not a question of being thin skinned, or that the comment hurt. The comment was not directed at me, so what do I care?

But an adult who mocks a college kid for having pride in his school is just sad. Only one poster here felt the need to mock the kid -- and that one poster ironically calls us "babies."

I bet DC Muskie thought those Chelsea Clinton jokes from the mid-90s were hysterical.
The hell you care. I made a simple statement that I thought a comment was funny. Did I miss something where Fordham has an intimidating gym? Do you think it is a little funny that a guy chooses a school, specifically because of the intimidating gym? Come on!

I'm not mocking the kid Joe. I thought his statement was funny. I'm not ruining his life or calling him an idiot.

I have no idea what you are talking about concerning Chelsea Clinton, but this thread has got completely out of hand because Fordham guys have no sense of humor.

But pat yourself on th back for coming to some kid's rescue for something this trivial. It's a feel good story to be sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.