Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/basketball/7787667.htm

CHICAGO - The search for another Mavericks big man continues, but unlike the Rasheed Wallace furor, the current hunt is more pedestrian. Backup centers and power forwards at the low end of the salary scale are the targets, according to league sources.

The Mavs are reluctant to make a move for a high-dollar player such as Wallace because it would mean trading one of their top players. Antawn Jamison is the name most often mentioned, but Antoine Walker and Michael Finley haven't been immune to trade rumors.

Mavs management has stressed that unless a deal impossible to turn down is presented, they prefer to stay with the current team through the end of the season. The trade deadline is Feb. 19.

I do not see us making such a deal that Dallas cannot turn down by deadline. So Jamison to us out of the question unless we are a third team in a trade.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Well, if they won't take him, I don't think anyone will. Which isn't that bad of a thing. He's happy here and I'm pretty happy with him. Short of a deal to get a young star type player the only kind of deal I could see making sense would maybe be swapping him for Brian Grant. Grant is like 3 years younger but has an addition year on his contract (at $15M). If we were really worried about AD's age, maybe we could swap him for the younger but higher paid player.

Personally I wouldn't do that though. AD looks to be in impeccable shape... I don't see any reason he'd break down the way some people fear. He keeps himself in great shape and we really only need him to last two more years beyond this one.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Not good news,but not to bad either.

Actually I thought A.D is a great fit for them since he brings them exactly what they need,some defensive toughness and rebounding.they certainly don't need his scoring and i think they got to many scorers for a team with no guy that can play C.

stil,u never know.I think Cuban and Nelson both know they won't be a championship team unless they have a banger under the basket...

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
I'm also a big AD fan. I don't know why they don't give him the ball more; he can still get it done down low and at least get to the FT line, even though his FG% is inexplicably low (probably because his game has turned into 10 footers and set shots).

Keep him around; he's shown his quality in being one of the only guys that was willing to give Eddy some positive reinforcement in this time of rampant criticism.

·
Banned
780 Posts
AD is a very nice guy with a fat paycheck that hurts the team..at the end of the day none of that matters its about wins and as much as i like AD and JYD they have done nothing to help this team win.

sure they have add'ed some reboundin but has that got us any closer to the goal of the playoff's?you cant bulid a team around a bunch of nice guys you bulid a team around guys that win..

i still dont understand ppl they said when Rose was here " O we have to trade him bc of his huge contract and if we dont we cant resign the 3 C's" and that "he dont help anything" but insteed of makein a trade that got rid of some of that cap or get a player that helped us we took a older player they we most likely wont be able to tarde at all and doent add much if anything to the team.

looking back on the trade we can clearly see rose wasnt the prob with the team it was JC,Curry and the bulls mang,so now insteed of havin 30yr old pg/sg/sf that avg 16ppg 13mill a yr we now have a 35yr old c/pf that avg 9ppg 6rpg and 12mill a yr i just dont see how that helped any..

i dont understand most of the fans here you hated rose bc of his so called crapy play,his huge contract,and his holdin JC back now now we see AD is the samething but its JC thats holdin himself back..Make up your mind if it was ok to kick rose for all these things then why wont you kick AD?bc YOU Feel he's a Nice Guy ,Thats Sad

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
The Bulls can't move AD, even if they wanted to because he is a TRT player(trade restriction, recently traded).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.