Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or does Wright show no signs of improvement? A wide open airball the other night against the Hawks, a wide open layup goes in and out tonight against the Bobcats....wtf? It's as if the guy has never played basketball before.

Honestly, does he look any different from the first minute he stepped on to an NBA court? I was very happy on draft night when we picked him, but he is playing like absolute crap and I would be shocked if he lived up to his potential. He is reminding me more and more of Deshawn Stevenson.

BTW, the title of the thread was a joke, I just wanted to get a good convo going on Wright and hear everyone elses opinion.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Yeah, offensively Wright hasn't looked very good other than his good effort in running (especially when Kidd's on the court). I'm hoping that through summer league and having a year under his belt along with another training camp he gains more confidence in his offensive game and doesn't play so nervous. He's still just a rookie and while we all would've hoped for more already from him i think it's still too early to get too down on him. Lets see if he improves any by next year.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
DeezNets said:
Is it me or does Wright show no signs of improvement? A wide open airball the other night against the Hawks, a wide open layup goes in and out tonight against the Bobcats....wtf? It's as if the guy has never played basketball before.

Honestly, does he look any different from the first minute he stepped on to an NBA court? I was very happy on draft night when we picked him, but he is playing like absolute crap and I would be shocked if he lived up to his potential. He is reminding me more and more of Deshawn Stevenson.

BTW, the title of the thread was a joke, I just wanted to get a good convo going on Wright and hear everyone elses opinion.

Yes, Wright was disappointing offensively tonight. Yes, he blew a fast break layup feed from Jason Kidd that he made earlier this year vs the Hornets and some other teams.

But like Jason Collins, his value is more than meets the eye. I am confident that he will keep improving with more summer league time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.