Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

221 - 240 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, "Jakearrieta", I see you've opened yet another new account under yet another alias so that you can troll on yet another topic.
I'm the troll in this conversation? In what world?! Did you immediately call your friends after Bill Cosby's allegations came out to praise how good The Cosby Show was?

·
Realist/A-hole
6,130 Posts
I'm the troll in this conversation? In what world?! Did you immediately call your friends after Bill Cosby's allegations came out to praise how good The Cosby Show was?
I don't know, but I'm guessing he still enjoys pudding.

·
Registered
134 Posts
So, is the Lamb experiment now over?
Looks like he is buried on the bench, particularly since they traded in some new guys. This has to be discouraging. I don't think he is an easy fit for the NBA. Not a leaper, not super quick, outside shot seems to have largely disappeared, does not match up well in the paint. I want to be wrong, but.....

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Lamb did play 6 minutes last night while the other benchriders sat. 3 pts, 1 reb. The concerns about not enough playing time expressed in the thread about not counting the COVID season and super-seniors don't even scratch the surface of how hard it is in the NBA.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Still getting some playing time, but over 100 NBA minutes played while shooting 20% from the floor doesn't bode well. The NBA experience may be a good selling point for EuroLeague teams, though.

·
The People's Champ
884 Posts
Looks like he is buried on the bench, particularly since they traded in some new guys. This has to be discouraging. I don't think he is an easy fit for the NBA. Not a leaper, not super quick, outside shot seems to have largely disappeared, does not match up well in the paint. I want to be wrong, but.....
Thats what Ive been trying to say. He doesn’t have that ‘next level’ to propel him as an everyday NBA’er. Certainly could swing all day between G League and the end of an NBA roster...

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·
Reactions: RazorRamon

·
Registered
15 Posts
Still getting some playing time, but over 100 NBA minutes played while shooting 20% from the floor doesn't bode well. The NBA experience may be a good selling point for EuroLeague teams, though.
You forgot to mention another point. It'll harder for him to be arrested if he's not in the US. Maybe that's part of his consideration.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Thats what Ive been trying to say. He doesn’t have that ‘next level’ to propel him as an everyday NBA’er. Certainly could swing all day between G League and the end of an NBA roster...
And that's totally fair. And somewhat akin to something I said last week or so: he didn't go undrafted because 30 teams completely whiffed on scouting him. He's playing a fringe role in the NBA right now because he's a fringe NBA role player.

I do think having a "real" season in 2021-22 (fingers crossed) could help him out: get full day-to-day run in the G-League, with hopefully some call-ups to the main roster. Definitely tough to adjust to the size and speed of pro ball when you don't start until February. It'll be an uphill challenge for him for sure: every year there's a new crop of guys looking to take that spot. But he has confirmed the baseline of what I think most of us expected: he at least has enough talent to make a roster. Problem is there's 450 roster spots, and more than 450 guys who have that talent.

·
Comrade Fox
2,054 Posts
Also a slew of guys were hurt and they've started to get healthy, Wood being the big one. He played a few minutes against the Hornets the other night and he was just sorta...there

·
The People's Champ
884 Posts
And that's totally fair. And somewhat akin to something I said last week or so: he didn't go undrafted because 30 teams completely whiffed on scouting him. He's playing a fringe role in the NBA right now because he's a fringe NBA role player.

I do think having a "real" season in 2021-22 (fingers crossed) could help him out: get full day-to-day run in the G-League, with hopefully some call-ups to the main roster. Definitely tough to adjust to the size and speed of pro ball when you don't start until February. It'll be an uphill challenge for him for sure: every year there's a new crop of guys looking to take that spot. But he has confirmed the baseline of what I think most of us expected: he at least has enough talent to make a roster. Problem is there's 450 roster spots, and more than 450 guys who have that talent.
This is also his first go at this, like you said, give him a full season, he can only go up from here.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I believe that I read somewhere, maybe here, that all the G-League guys got paid like $495K this year, so there's that.

Pretty solid, if true.
I believe that applied only to guys on two-way contracts (of which Lamb is one). If I understood it correctly, guys on two-ways are usually paid based on how many days they spend on their NBA roster, but this year they were just paid a flat rate (something close to what you posted, mid-to-high 400s). Now, I'm not sure if that number gets pro-rated at all because Lamb didn't sign his two-way contract until March. Still, it's a not-insignificant amount of money.

·
Premium Member
33,641 Posts
Lake Sinclair mentioned this first, but FYI here's a recent list as of 3/15 of the NBA's Two-way players. Lamb and the other two-way contract signees are receiving a flat salary of $449,155 regardless of how many days/games they spend in the NBA.

There are many COVID winners and losers in this economy; The impact COVID has had in this case couldn't be possibly be any better for these players:

Reactions: VT Cats Fan
221 - 240 of 258 Posts