Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Stef to St. John's sounds about right. I assume that they gave him the assurance that he'll either start or get plenty of playing time. St. John's was 16-11 this year, 10-9 in conference. Perhaps they have enough returning talent to contend in the Big East next season?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Stef to St. John's sounds about right. I assume that they gave him the assurance that he'll either start or get plenty of playing time. St. John's was 16-11 this year, 10-9 in conference. Perhaps they have enough returning talent to contend in the Big East next season?
I've seen St. John's play several times. They're on the rise, beat plenty of good high major teams, but Champagnie, their star, submitted for the draft. Stef should be able to compliment their ROY point guard Posh Alexander and vice versa. All of this said, there are no guarantees. We'll see. Hopefully, this will help set the table for a lucrative overseas career or higher.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've seen St. John's play several times. They're on the rise, beat plenty of good high major teams, but Champagnie, their star, submitted for the draft. Stef should be able to compliment their ROY point guard Posh Alexander and vice versa. All of this said, there are no guarantees. We'll see. Hopefully, this will help set the table for a lucrative overseas career or higher.
Stef had 17 in the win at St. John's two seasons ago, when UVM scored the upset on Lamb's last-second jumper. That clearly had to have created an impression with the St. John's coaches. They were looking for perimeter shooting and a point guard who was ROY could help open up perimeter shots for Stef if the two play at the same time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice. Wonder if Rockets feel he's earned more time and bigger role. Minutes overall haven't been great since landing with Rockets.🏀

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice. Wonder if Rockets feel he's earned more time and bigger role. Minutes overall haven't been great since landing with Rockets.🏀
I just listened to Coach Silas talk about the incredibly small lineup he put on the floor las night and he seemed to mention everyone who played except Anthony Lamb. I found that very troubling. I have to wonder if Anthony is going to break through anywhere at this level. Particularly since Houston is clearly among the weakest teams this year. I find myself wondering how he is coping with (almost always) sitting on the bench.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just listened to Coach Silas talk about the incredibly small lineup he put on the floor las night and he seemed to mention everyone who played except Anthony Lamb. I found that very troubling. I have to wonder if Anthony is going to break through anywhere at this level. Particularly since Houston is clearly among the weakest teams this year. I find myself wondering how he is coping with (almost always) sitting on the bench.
Maybe he's embarrassed from knowing about the sexual assault allegations against Lamb?

·
Registered
622 Posts
There is a thread about the Lamb allegations.

I guess some people lack the basic social skills and self-awareness to know the appropriate time and place to express opinions

·
Comrade Fox
2,054 Posts
Update on TBH:

17.7 ppg (3rd in Bundesliga behind Michal Michalak and Matt Mobley)
3.7 rpg
7.1 apg (still first by a mile - fun fact, this is an AE 1-2 right now! Jaleen Smith, formerly of UNH, is second with 5.5)
1.2 stl
18.9 "Effectiveness" (3rd behind Smith and Bamberg's Daniel Kravish, former Cal Bear)

46/39/85 shooting splits. That 3PT% is still weird (and he's taking 3.4 a game) because it felt like that was the one real thing he lacked in college - we know him more as a slasher, and he's still drawing fouls (leads the league with 6.4 fouls drawn per game).

Crailsheim are 5th and clinched a playoff spot. 4 games left, all but one (against Bamberg who are going to probably be the 8 seed) against teams around them in the standings, including a white hot Hamburg that's won 9 of 10 and the Oldenburg team just one game ahead of them in the standings (a win there would get Crailsheim the crucial tiebreaker).

As for Daniel Giddens well....18 minutes, 6 points, 5 rebounds a game. Neuchatel are 4th in the Swiss league with one to go (against 21-2 Geneva). His PT has seen a dip too, he only played 11 minutes in their last game. Appears as though they lost their coach to French side Antibes Sharks in February and are working with an interim, which may explain the drop in minutes...also that 40% FT% is NOT helping.

·
Comrade Fox
2,054 Posts
Strong game from TBH today against Hamburg. Finished just a rebound shy of a triple-double (20/11/9), shot 8 of 13 from the field (2 of 5 from 3), helping Crailsheim to a 85-79 win. He did have 7 turnovers but did also draw 8 fouls.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Anthony Lamb against Sixers last night:
7-15, 4-9 from deep and 5 boards for a total of 22 points in 36 minutes.... and the best +/- rating on the Rockets.

Kept the worst team in the NBA within 20 points in a game where both Embiid and Simmons were forced to play heavy minutes. Wasn’t super impressed with LaMB’s D from what I saw (he was mostly guarding Simmons), but he seemed to be doing a lot of ball handling for the Rockets which was fun.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Strong game from TBH today against Hamburg. Finished just a rebound shy of a triple-double (20/11/9), shot 8 of 13 from the field (2 of 5 from 3), helping Crailsheim to a 85-79 win. He did have 7 turnovers but did also draw 8 fouls.
I dug around in an attempt to find games/replays online. I found a few clips of Trae doing Trae type-things but no full games sadly. Anybody else had any luck?

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Anthony Lamb tonight against he Bucks:

5-12 (4-10 from 3pt) in 35 minutes in first career start. 4 boards and a pair of blocks and pair of assists. He’s finding his offensive rhythm and has earned the trust of the Rockets organization!

I know they have a bunch of injuries, and some illness, and aren't really "trying to win," but Houston plays some short benches. Like, almost "John Becker in the postseason" short. Played 8 last night. Pretty sure they played 7 the other night. For NBA regular season that is minimalist.

Tank 'em if you got 'em, I guess!

·
Registered
712 Posts
The other interesting tidbit is now with Kelly Olynyk injured Lamb, at 6’6” is not just the tallest starter, but the tallest player on the entire team (excluding those injured).

Still, with out Olynyk they kept within 8 of the Jazz (best record in NBA) with basically a Lamb-and-four-guard lineup. Perhaps his somewhat mild athleticism will hinder Lamb’s career, but from a height stand point he is fine at his position.

241 - 258 of 258 Posts