Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

261 - 275 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Thank you for your updates on TBH. He really was a fun player to watch and seems like a pretty good guy to boot. Hopefully he can have many more years of success wherever he goes.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Lots of NBA guys on that roster, that would be pretty awesome if TBH were to stick on the team for the olympics. I think that UVM has had some women BB players that made an olympic team, but I can't think of any men who have.
SO cool. Almost all invitees are current NBA players!! Go Trae. You belong!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you guys looking at the playoffs right now? I think the nets are heading straight to be the east contenders, and why not win the chip this year. I'm a wizards fan, and we struggled a lot with them this year. Do you guys think the Bucks have any chance of moving forward? I have to say I was really impressed by the Wizards game yesterday as they fought to stay alive. I'm not sure if they will be able to turn around the series, but this kid Avdija has some great future ahead. I found an article about him explaining his origins here Deni Avdija, Highest Drafted Jewish Hooper Ever, Climbs Fantasy Basketball Ranks - Only Simchas.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Are you guys looking at the playoffs right now? I think the nets are heading straight to be the east contenders, and why not win the chip this year. I'm a wizards fan, and we struggled a lot with them this year. Do you guys think the Bucks have any chance of moving forward?
Just replied to this in the NBA thread. This one is for former UVM basketball players.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Saw someone online say that TBH is going to “pet paid” this off-season. What are the salaries like over there?
In terms of getting paid, with the season he had, TBH potentially could secure in the 200-350k a season range if he gets the best-case scenario. Either way, he's likely assured of a six-figure guaranteed salary no matter what. It's very possible outside an actual guaranteed contract from an NBA team, he's reached the point where he shouldn't be fishing for an NBA summer league invite because Europe will give him more money and more assurances. Not that he couldn't do summer league, but my sense is he'll get much more sensible offers abroad, and should take those. The Canadian summer league he plays in is really just nice tune-up basketball to stay in shape before going back to Europe, so he should do that and avoid injuries hopefully.

His current team I'm not sure if they qualified for a continental competition which would be a bigger platform for him. But, he's also going to have plenty of options on teams within Germany that have, or elsewhere on the continent. If he manages to make it onto, and play well for EuroLeague or EuroCup teams, he's looking at a future where he could earn $500k to 1 million a season in the best-case scenario. It would put him in a competition that is the best non-NBA competition in the world on a EuroLeague team. He might not get that right now, but if his career trajects the way it has, in a year or two down the line it could be that way.

As for his Olympic hopes, it's a long shot but a nice reward for him. Some injuries to others (Jamal Murray, SGA) also helped. Beating out Lu Dort, Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Cory Joseph and Dillon Brooks won't be easy. Canada still has to qualify too. But, this certainly is the closest a UVM men's player has ever gotten to being on an Olympic team I'm sure of it. I think Pilypaitis was the only women's player who went for Canada too.

Also, it's suited for another thread but for as good as TBH was (and won Best Offensive Player), UNH's Jaleen Smith was the MVP of the Basketball Bundesliga. Helped his team finish first in the regular season.

·
Registered
115 Posts
A while ago, Ernie mentioned that he was trying to put together a America East squad for the upcoming TBT? Did anyone hear anything about this? I'm presuming that it's not happening, unfortunately.

261 - 275 of 275 Posts