Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I'm not saying that you're a bad guy or anything, but it is very inappropriate to crack jokes in relation to someone's death. It's a real bummer no matter who it is.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Like A Breath</b>!
I'm not saying that you're a bad guy or anything, but it is very inappropriate to crack jokes in relation to someone's death. It's a real bummer no matter who it is.
Yeah, it's even more disrespectful than when I laughed at Len Bias' death in a thread I made called "Most Saddest Death" with no seriousness whatsoever.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry about that guys. I should've known better to crack a joke about subjects on death like this one. I'll edit my post.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
This is a sad day, Yinka was a great player and will never be forgotten. I remember scouring the city for his basketball card and cracking jokes with my friends about his monstrous stats, those days will never be forgotten. I hope you lived a good life Yinka.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Originally posted by <b>chiuondis</b>!
i dont like the sarcasm when it comes to stuff like this.....

:(
When I read the first post I was just about to say that. Sarcasm is not necessary when talking about deaths. Please change the title to something serious.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by <b>PetroToZoran</b>!

When I read the first post I was just about to say that. Sarcasm is not necessary when talking about deaths. Please change the title to something serious.
I tried but it doesnt work. Once again, I apologize for the unnecessary sarcasm in my post

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
It's really sad because I think Yinka Dare is one of those names that every basketball fan knows. We all knew his monsterous stats. We all made jokes about them. So to me, it's on the same level of impact as if it was an all-star. I think even in spite of his stats, no one really faulted Yinka. I remember watching him play at GW and thinking he was going to be the next Patrick Ewing.

Just a really sad day.

The fact that he died so young is what really disturbs me. I wish his family the best.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Its messed up that he had a heart condition that was known beforehand. I wonder if there was anything that he could have done to prevent the massive heart attack.

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
Yinke's age coming in to the league was not as young as everyone thaught. There is no proof that he had a forged birth cirtificate but they are very easy to get espically in developing countries. My theory is that he came into the NBA around 35 years old, and that means he died when he was 45-50 years old which is not to hard to believe seeing that he had a heart attack.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Yinka, huh? And a heart attack, a common killer? RIP, but it's not a very big deal. Definitely not a big NBA deal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts