Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any teams shown any interest in Fortson. I think he is better than he played offensively last year. I mean he never shot that low before. I think you guys just had a screwed up team, no one had any consistency. He also has a decent sized salary that might be hard to get rid of?

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Fortson would be a tough one to deal because he keeps getting hurt. He is a great undersized rebounder and is underrated when he is healthy. I am not sure what his contract is so can't help u out there.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Fortson is capable of being somewhere between Clarence Weatherspoon and Charles Barkley. he rebounds like a demon (how does a demon rebound???) for his size but unfortunately, injuries have not been kind to him.

Health is a major factor that many tieams would be taking intoconsideration before agreeing to take him on baord

·
Registered
413 Posts
I doubt the health reason's are what's keeping fortson from being traded..

I think it's more of his length of contract and especially its size.... compared to the actual player that comes with that contract...
6-6 1/2 and about 260 lbs.. isn't exactly your typical size for a western PF.. plus he only has one good quality.. the ability to rebound..
bad passing, adequate shooting from 12'-15' range.. bad defense.. and the history of footproblems that luckly did not bother him all of last season.

But if someone would like to take him off the W's hands, please be my guest.

·
Registered
268 Posts
"Fortson launches the ball out of bounds AGAIN!"

I do not think I can handle another season of Fortson getting a great rebound, Jamison, J-Rich and Arenas are running up the floor with a man up advantage and then.........He chucks it over half court and over the bench into the upper deck. OHH PLEASE dont do that to us again! I will throw up! If we are stuck with him, E-Muss better make sure he knows his role.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
Re: "Fortson launches the ball out of bounds AGAIN!"

Originally posted by fury29
I do not think I can handle another season of Fortson getting a great rebound, Jamison, J-Rich and Arenas are running up the floor with a man up advantage and then.........He chucks it over half court and over the bench into the upper deck. OHH PLEASE dont do that to us again! I will throw up! If we are stuck with him, E-Muss better make sure he knows his role.
Well look on the bright side, Fortson is hurt half the year so you don't have to watch it for half the year.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good point. I really hope they can unload him. The young guys dont need him and his negative attitude will spoil what could be a happy clubhouse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts