Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
I follow tman on Twitter. He is still bringing it.

Fact Checker is/was one of our all time greats.

I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that Muddy was actually a Xavier alum. Of course the Xavier posters were never at fault.
Where the hell is Poopdeck? I liked Poopdeck. Much more entertaining than the rest of you a--holes.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I think you are seeing a lot of programs that traditionally don't down-cycle for long periods of time going on extended and concurrent down-cycles. SLU just went through 3 consecutive losing seasons for the first time in decades, GWU has had some internal strife which coincided with some down seasons. UMass has one NCAA tournament appearance in the last 20 years and has had 4 losing seasons in a row. Richmond has had two losing seasons in a row and no NCAA tournament appearances since 2011. SJU has had a couple down seasons by their standards.

Couple those with George Mason not having great performances since entering the league and the size of Davidson (1,800 students), along with the loss of some interesting rivalries and I can understand some lagging fan interest.

The good news is SLU looks like we are starting to rebuild, Dayton (which has never lagged in participation) looks like they are building very well, VCU is rock solid, Duquesne is improving, UMass looks solid, Mason and Richmond have started strong this year, even Fordham currently sits at 3-0. I think stronger programs will lead to more enthusiasm and more participation going forward.
It will take for the bandwagon fan base to realize that this year's team is night and day different than those teams. We are 5-0 beating a decent Rider Team and Marshall can play anywhere. Hopefully we'll put on a good show next weekend playing Virginia and people will start noticing. Have always said, fan support is a trailing indicator.

It's been so long, forget how I first found this board. Some people. especially after their team turns down, start focusing their time elsewhere. Time will tell. Actually like the new board.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
The comment might have been geographically-based as neither the Giants nor the Jets play in NYS, let alone NYC.
It is a comment that gets thrown around a good bit, mostly as a jab at the pro teams, so I doubt it was geographical, but might have been.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts