Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/update_051122.html

Though he won't meet his original deadline of a Thanksgiving return, Jeff Foster does expect to be back with the Pacers soon, perhaps within the week. The veteran center practiced for the first time this year Tuesday at Conseco Fieldhouse, a major step back from a year-long battle with hip, back and Achilles problems.

"Jeff did well today considering he hasn't done any full court work with us since the first day of training camp," said Coach Rick Carlisle. "It was good to see him out there. His timing is a little off, but that will get better quick. I'm not exactly sure (when he'll return) because we'll have to see how he does tomorrow after this increased workout. We are hoping to have him back in the fold something soon and he'll certainly give us a lift"
"You know how I play," he said. "I am all over the place and I am pretty relentless. Until I get back my legs and my wind I am going to be limited to short stretches."

Foster anticipates returning sometime during the five-game, eight-day Western Conference road trip that begins Sunday in Los Angeles against the Clippers. The Pacers have home games Thursday against Cleveland and Friday against Atlanta.

"I would like to play on the West Coast trip. What the trainers let me do is their decision," Foster said. "I don't know how many extended minutes I can play, but if I can get in there and help for just a minute, two, three, or four at a time I would love to do that. That is what I'm shooting for and we'll see what their goals are for me."

·
Registered
366 Posts
That very good new, we need his energy on the court.

Hopefully he will keep that back healthy.

·
Registered
993 Posts
We needed Jeff severely last night... I don't know if I have ever seen a team get so many put backs and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances... Our D Rebounding was HORRIBLE LAST NIGHT!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I read on IndyStar.com that he would be traveling and might return during the 5-day West Coast swing. If it wasn't previously clear how bad we need Jeff before last night's game, it is now. Please, please, please get healthy, Jeff!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts