Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Mike Wells at the IndyStar:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Indiana Pacers center Jeff Foster, out with a left Achilles injury, said Wednesday he won't return to the team's lineup by Thanksgiving.
He added he's not sure he'll play during the team's five-game West Coast trip, which starts Nov. 27 at the Los Angeles Clippers.
"Hey, I've got this on, so it's a start at least," Foster said, pointing at his practice jersey after the team's morning shootaround.
Foster began doing court work with his teammates earlier this week.
"He's doing things more aggressively on the court," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. "He hasn't done full-contact stuff with the team. He's done some half-court stuff. He's making progress, but it's a process with him."
With Foster out, Jermaine O'Neal, David Harrison and Scot Pollard will have to continue to pick up the slack at center.
Foster is coming off a season in which he averaged a career-high 9.0 rebounds per game.
Several Pacers have said Foster's absence is most noticeable on the defensive end.
"You miss a guy like Jeff because of the positive matchup situations he creates," Carlisle said.
"He can guard some of the perimeter guys when teams go small at the defensive end. He's a luxury to have and you miss having that dimension."
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051117/SPORTS04/511170449

·
King George
11,475 Posts
If we rebound like we did tonight, we're not in bad shape. We could use him for Sunday's game versus the Rockets. I bet that Pollard gets a lot of playing time, he's probably the only guy on the team that can give Yao at least some trouble.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I think playing Saras more paired with the return of the Fiesty One could get this team going. A.J. and Harrison are playing way, way too much. We better beat Houston on Sunday. That is all that I have to say.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Larry Legend said:
I bet that Pollard gets a lot of playing time, he's probably the only guy on the team that can give Yao at least some trouble.
I've only seen the Rockets play once this year, and I wasn't really concentrating that game. Yao wasn't exactly the strongest player last year, so if he hasn't become stronger, he shouldn't be that much of problem. Also, are the Rockets even a very good rebounding team? Yao/Swift as the C/PF doesn't sound very threatening in terms of rebounding.

·
King George
11,475 Posts
Pacers Fan said:
I've only seen the Rockets play once this year, and I wasn't really concentrating that game. Yao wasn't exactly the strongest player last year, so if he hasn't become stronger, he shouldn't be that much of problem. Also, are the Rockets even a very good rebounding team? Yao/Swift as the C/PF doesn't sound very threatening in terms of rebounding.
They played the Pistons on ESPN last night and I tried to watch the game, but I was distracted. All I remember was that Yao had a pretty good 4th quarter. Yao got 11 rebounds last night, though.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You think Pollard will start tomorrow? The Pacers can't really go small this time and I doubt they put JO at Center.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
The Birdman said:
You think Pollard will start tomorrow? The Pacers can't really go small this time and I doubt they put JO at Center.
Putting JO at Center would make sense. He would draw many fouls on Yao Ming if he went inside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts