Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of European leagues are putting "fouls drawn" in the official boxscores. I thought why NBA isnt doing it?

I think it is available at 82games.com, byt why not in nba.com? Is league afraid that with another stat players will likely want to have this stat good too (for their next contracts) so will try to draw fouls more, meaning more stopage time and less exciting plays. Or any other reasons? Because I think its a stat showing smth interesting about a player and FTA isnt very accurate to judge about foul drawing.

Just wild thought you know...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I think it is somewhat irrelevant to make that as an official stat.
For what? For players like Fisher to get bloated contracts because they are "warriors?" (Hey, fits his team name right now)

You dont need that stat to determine the good players, usually, players who does the diry work on the court get appreciated. (Like Najera, etc)

It can somehow help the average players to kind of be known for something, but pretty much irrelevant. You wouldn't want a one-dimensional player who is only good at foul drawing.

I think it is more important to put the average opponent ppg of a player, but then again, players like Bowen are appreciated. Why bother? It's not like it would revolutionize the game.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
CaliCool said:
I think it is more important to put the average opponent ppg of a player, but then again, players like Bowen are appreciated. Why bother? It's not like it would revolutionize the game.
I've thought about opponent FG% stat too, but it wouldn't work. You're not always guarding your man due to either zone defense or rotation on screens, etc. The stat wouldn't be able to reflect whether he was really guarding that opponent or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts