Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Backboard Cam said:
What the heck! And we already had 3 days off between the Atlanta and Knick home games. :confused:
I know, are early season schedule is odd.......I don't ever remember playing this many eastern conference teams this early in the season in any of the past seasons....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Man this schedule is really helping the team right. Honestly the team was simply not ready for this season when it started. If there would have been a 6 game road trip in say 9 days to start it off, we would have got destroyed.

I know Nate is using this time off to make the team better.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The rest of November is on the road, so having more time off to practice and rest is a great thing. Especially with the wear that Darius has taken.

I think our schedule kind of shows that we were a lottery team the last two years. We only have to home games on Saturday the whole year. Not that the league is rigged, but they do have to accomodate National TV slots to maximize sales. One example is how we always seemed to end the season playing LA so that our rivalry would would build up the end of the season.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Chalupa said:
Man this schedule is really helping the team right. Honestly the team was simply not ready for this season when it started. If there would have been a 6 game road trip in say 9 days to start it off, we would have got destroyed.

I know Nate is using this time off to make the team better.
Well, after next Friday's game with the Warriors, we go out on a 7 game road trip over 11 days.
The first 3 games on the trip are at New York, then at Memphis, then to Miami. That's a lot
of traveling. From Miami it's to Orlando, to Atlanta, to Philly, then to Washington. So while
we didn't start out the season with a long/tough road trip, it's still real early. I hope you're
right that all of the days off we have on this homestand are helping the team practice and
rest--they'll need it!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Redbeard said:
The rest of November is on the road, so having more time off to practice and rest is a great thing. Especially with the wear that Darius has taken.

I think our schedule kind of shows that we were a lottery team the last two years. We only have to home games on Saturday the whole year. Not that the league is rigged, but they do have to accomodate National TV slots to maximize sales. One example is how we always seemed to end the season playing LA so that our rivalry would would build up the end of the season.
the wear that darius has taken. its 5 games into the season! talk to me in march and see if he has wear on him. the worst thing you can do to a team is give them time off, especially after they already had 3 days off between atlanta and ny. This road trip is a killer though, so holefully they can keep their heads above water. i think this could determine if this team can do anything, or be another crap team by what happens on this trip.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I agree this has been a favorable schedule. Lots of extra practices and good for Zbo and Darius' health. We could easily be the Knicks right now. They started the season with west coast trip and it killed them.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Darius has taken wear fell on his back and got fouled in the back .He needed some time off to get his injury healed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts