Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Four moves to re-vamp the Bulls:

420 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Quasi-Quasar 
#1 ·
First of all I want to say to all of the dreams and stokes, Jamal Crawford is worth a second pick and a filler, no more. Also Fizer isn't great but he is worth a 1st in the late teens or twenties (depending on draft depth). Harpring should not be a priority, Vlademire Stepania should be condered. So here's my "re-vamp the Bulls" plan:
1. Trade Jamal Crawford and 2003 1st for Quentin Richardson and the Clipps' 2004 2nd, that would suffice. Truth be told, Jalen Rose is a SF he isn't quick or fast enough to guard EC SGs. Q gives the Bulls what they need, pure unadulterated offense for the last offense in the league (89 ppg). The price may seem excesive but Roger Mason and Trenton Hassell are the options aside from JCraw, but both are more valuable because they are good role players and both excellent defenders, and JCraw doesn't fit behind Jay Williams. Also Jamal Crawford was never going to be traded for Mike Miller, Crawford and Fizer were going to be traded for Miller before the Magic drafted Humphries whom is better than Fizer.

2. Sign Vlademir Stepania, he gives a semi-experienced center to play while Ty and Eddy are in foul trouble which is quite often as they averaged almost 9.0 fouls per 40 minutes each.

3. Trade Dalibor Bagarac and Marcus Fizer to New Orleans for Jamal Magloire and a future 2nd pick.

4. sign Rodney Rogers

and here's the new rotation:
PG Jay/Mason/Hoiberg
SG Q/Hassell/Rose
SF Rose/Robinson/Rogers
PF Rogers/Chandler/Magloire
C Magloire/Curry/Stepania

that's a pretty nice power perimeter starting line although it's a little undersized, and Curry and Chandler aren't going to be on the floor more than 24 min or so and Rogers and Magloire are a perfect fit for the Bulls, the vet shooter and the C to start in front of Curry. And ERob isn't half the player that hardcore Bullsfans think or wish he was.

this is a great scenario for the Bulls because it doesn't kill the baby Bulls confidence by rushing them in, and it gives scoring while allowing Rose to play his natural position.

so what do you think?

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
The 2003 1st CAN be traded it just has to be conditional, but I don't expect the Bulls to be one of the 10 best next year. And Rodeny Rogers and Jamal Magloire even if Rogers is signed to 6 mil take up not much more space than Fizer,Crawford, and Bagarac, so that works. And to optimize the Bulls Curry and Chandler shouldn't be pushed into starting neither is ready and would have a breakdown.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
PG

Call me crazy but given the choices I'd rather have Jay and Rog teach themselves and learn from their own mistakes. The choices for a vet PG are:
Travis Best- we know him, not a teacher or player.
Mookie Blaylock- hahaha, not who you want around "kids".
Jeff Mcinnis- he's a little bit@#, thinks he's Gary P, ha.
Tim Hardaway- doeasn't deal well with younger peeps.
so given the options I don't see a good vet PG to have on board, although instead of trading Bagarac and Fizer to NO, they could be traded to Seattle for Kenny Anderson and Predrag Drobniak (Drobs is underrated for a good shooting C/PF).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.