Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For most people, it's a love/hate relationship with the Duke Blue Devils. So seeing them ranked #9 by Fox Sports may be a little disheartening. But c'mon. It is the most powerful basketball program in all the land.

I think this bunch will be much like the '99 team. The freshmen will be the difference. That's the bottom line. Coach K retooled the team with six players that will compete at each position. It gives them depth; the missing ingredient from last year's great team.

What are you expecting from this bunch? Is nine too high? Sweet 16? How will Dahntay Jones handle his new role? Etc...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
theyll be a top ten team, they always have a good program, but i dont think its national championship good

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TheOrigiBulls</b>!
theyll be a top ten team, they always have a good program, but i dont think its national championship good
in 2 years, they will be where KU was last season. Just dominance.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kansasalumn</b>!

in 2 years, they will be where KU was last season. Just dominance.
Next year they will be beyond where Kansas was last year (if that makes sense). Duke is going to be unbelievable next year.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Duke will be in the final 4 this year.

Kansas lost Gooden and he was a huge part of their team so i think Duke will beat them.

Watch out, the Dukies are hungry and poised to get to the Final Four

·
A!
9,434 Posts
I don't know about the final four. I think they are too young. Duhon should be able to step up and lead this team to a nice run though. A lot of their success will depend on the play of their bigs up front. They need consistent low post play.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hunterb14</b>!
Duke will be in the final 4 this year.

Kansas lost Gooden and he was a huge part of their team so i think Duke will beat them.

Watch out, the Dukies are hungry and poised to get to the Final Four
Personally I think KU will be just as good. Duke in the final four this year? nahhhhh Too young.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts

Personally I think KU will be just as good. Duke in the final four this year? nahhhhh Too young.

While I don't think it's smart to predict that Duke will make the Final 4, it's not impossible.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that they aren't one of the top 4 teams in the country, but it is possible that they could make a run in the tourney.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The Truth</b>!

While I don't think it's smart to predict that Duke will make the Final 4, it's not impossible.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that they aren't one of the top 4 teams in the country, but it is possible that they could make a run in the tourney.
I know it is possible to make the final four for Duke, but I don't think it will be this season.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
I agree with kansasalumn, Duke is a little too young to get to the final four.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
KC you might be right but you can never tell when they have the best college coach and the best coach now in any area of basketball right now.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hunterb14</b>!
KC you might be right but you can never tell when they have the best college coach and the best coach now in any area of basketball right now.
Best college coach and best basketball coach???????

Sorry disagree you there.

No not goign to say Roy WIlliams. I think he is one of the best. The best college coach now is Lute Olson. The best basketbal coach is Larry Brown. That is just one man's opinon.

Heck this is a Duke thread. Lets not get into acoaching thread. Heck, I will set up anohter thread in the general discussion board for this.

Of course, if I look back, when Arizona won with Miles Simon and company and beat KU in the Elite 8, they were young team, so anything can happen. But I think Duke is not at that point. My mind may change in the course of the season though.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts

Best college coach and best basketball coach???????

Sorry disagree you there.

No not goign to say Roy WIlliams. I think he is one of the best. The best college coach now is Lute Olson. The best basketbal coach is Larry Brown. That is just one man's opinon.

Heck this is a Duke thread. Lets not get into acoaching thread. Heck, I will set up anohter thread in the general discussion board for this.

Of course, if I look back, when Arizona won with Miles Simon and company and beat KU in the Elite 8, they were young team, so anything can happen. But I think Duke is not at that point. My mind may change in the course of the season though.
I really have no idea how you can judge who the best basketball coach in the country is. Some are better at different aspects of coaching than others. I will offer that Coach K is definitely the best recruiter, and probably the best in regards to leadership (read his books if you want proof). As far as the other aspects of coaching, I really have no idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts