Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of these guys are shot-happy, turnover-prone me-firsters. Iverson leads the NBA in shots taken per game (24.0) and in turnovers (4.58), while Bryant ranks third in each category with 20.5 shots and 4.09 miscues. (Tracy McGrady averages 21.4 shots, and Dwyane Wade 4.16 turnovers.)

Since Lamar Odom was nursing a strained shoulder, Bryant had even more of a license (and a necessity) to fire-away than ever before. Iverson, too, had a particularly itchy trigger finger. Ever since the addition of his new sidekick, Chris Webber, A.I.'s shot production has actually increased to 24.7 per game.

And with both the Lakers and the Sixers struggling to make the playoffs, Sunday's matchup in L.A. was a critical one. But what else was at stake?

Well, Iverson (30.5 ppg) and Bryant (28.0) were the league's leading scorers. The game was played on stage in Hollywood and broadcast on national TV. It was only natural to expect that two of the league's most prolific quick-draw artists would also be very much interested in outdoing each other.

And if the battle at hand was won by Philadelphia (96-89), the personal showdown was won by Iverson on a split-decision.
Full article here:

Iverson more impressive than Kobe

Finally we hear some positives about Iverson from Charley Rosen.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Pretty surprising that Charley Rosen had anything nice to say, even if it was a backhanded compliment. It's no secret that Iverson and Bryant are two of his least favorite players in the league, but it's hard to say he was wrong about what he was saying here.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I didn't like how he characterizes AI as a "me-first" type player. He obviously doesn't know anything about AI or his game.

Reactions: Coatesvillain

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
alleninsf said:
I didn't like how he characterizes AI as a "me-first" type player. He obviously doesn't know anything about AI or his game.
Thank you.

Iverson is a lot more into getting his teammates involved then he ever was before, and that stereotype of him being selfish is much from his older days; which I think he has adjusted well from. AI just wants to win, and he'll do whatever is working. Yesterday, the shot wasn't going in, yet he tied his career high in assist.

On top of this, he didn't shy away from the basket, and got to the free throw line. The Sixers look scary with Webber gaining confidence, and AI won't have to pick up the scoring load for all 48 minutes.

Iverson should definately be considered for the MVP ahead of many others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts