Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Sexy Moderator
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Steve Francis committed another six turnovers last night and as his play continues to slide into the abyss, the Knicks guard's frustration boiled over following a 101-82 blowout loss to the Pacers at Conseco Field House that broke their three-game winning streak.

Francis said he's not to blame for his poor start as a Knick, saying his haphazard minutes are a major cause for his lousy play and sloppiness on the court. Francis also said he hopes management makes tough decisions this summer to reduce the five-man backcourt to a more manageable group.
"I'm not sure how many minutes I'm going to play any given night," Francis said. "There's not a guarantee I'll play 30 minutes, not a guarantee I'll play 11 minutes. So I've seen it all. Until I have that stability, that's why you see the up-and-down play. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but that's how it is."

"My career average; I've averaged 39 minutes," Francis said. "Of course, I've come nowhere close to that. In order to perform to my maximum level, I have to be able to be comfortable with the system and I have to have the minutes. Neither one of those things have happened. So I'm not concerned the way I'm playing. Things haven't been going our way as a team. Summer time, I have to evaluate which direction things are going to go."
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/62318.htm

If you need 39 minutes to play well, then that's just down right sad. Stop blaming it on the minutes, and put the blame on yourself. <!--OAS Middle-->

Reactions: justasking?

· Registered
480 Posts
trade francis but keep marbury, francis shoots worse than chris webber and he looks more ***** when he does it too if he just came from the rockets ok but now hes washed up, marbury can shoot better and pass better, stop with the marbury francis comparisons cuz marbury torches francis outta the water, theres no way we can get marcus with a pick in the twenties but maybe dee brown

· Registered
5,781 Posts
I can see where he's coming from. Like him or not, it's understandable that he'd find it difficult in a completely different system with new teammates and not getting consistent minutes to get into a rhythm. From watching him on the Rockets, he needs to feel appreciated and in control. He hasn't got an ideal temperament, but he's not particularly selfish and he'll try to do what the coach asks of him. The problem is that he's not adaptive. He can only really play one way, and that doesn't seem to be the Larry Brown way (or the Jeff Van Gundy way, for that matter). He's actually a good player, and great to watch -- but only when he's in a comfortable situation.

· Registered
852 Posts
yeah we lost tonight by the way but i'm proud of them for playing tough and NEARLY coming all the way back from a 27 point deficit, we played well over the last 3 periods which bodes well for tonight against the bobcats. Herb took the team last night again which means LB probably won't be coming back

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.